Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Do you dance?
  • camo16
    Free Member

Mrscamo16 has expressed an interest in dancing (Ballroom probably)… and it looks like I may be roped in on a weekly basis. 😯 It’s something she’s wanted to do for a long time.

Trouble is, I dance like Johnny 5 from Short Circuit doing John Travolta. Hard. The spirit of the dance isn’t with me and I’m already starting to suffer from severe making-a-tit-of-myself trauma. 😳

Is there a good way out of this, or is there any hope that I can discover my inner Astaire?

khani
    Free Member

😆 sorry.. I shouldn’t laugh,.. BALLROOM DANCING!!! 😆 LOL!!!!!!
    😆
    Sorry…
    I dance like my dad, and he’s dead…
    BALLROOM DANCING!!!!
    😆 😆
    Sorry.. Again…

camo16
    Free Member

Then it really is as bad as I thought?

* cringes *

mrblobby
    Free Member

Did a course with mrs blobby a few years ago, I was hopeless at it but it was very amusing. Wouldn’t worry about making a tit of yourself, there will likely be others in your position too.

ThePinkster

I believe it’s a good way to get fit & lose weight…..

…….if you’re really desperate… 😉

khani
    Free Member

Then it really is as bad as I thought?

No, it’s worse than that..
    BALLROOM DANCING!!!! 😆 😆

camo16
    Free Member

Girls like it, though. 🙄

Isn’t there a chance [hopes for a positive reply] that I’ll become a sensitive, emotionally-connected new man and learn skills that’ll help me elsewhere in life, I’m thinking balance skills maybe? [/hopes for a positive reply].

mangoridebike

don’t worry about what you look like, as with biking you will never be as good or as stylish as the pro’s. just enjoy yourself and feel good that you are helping MrsCamo achieve a long held ambition

tinsy
    Free Member

Nah my pal goes with his misses, says its actually good fun, & I dont think he is the kind of guy the rythm is with…

Even reckons it to be a lot more physically tiring than you would expect.

fasthaggis

I do extreme kitchen dancing and you have had too much to drink dancing 🙂

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Cavendish Ballroomed as a lad …. get yourself down there, danced the nights away and burn your buddies in the sprints next year.

timraven

Just enjoy it, surely if you make a tit of yourself it just adds to the fun.

Think of it as cross training, you’ll be more supple and flowing on the bike, assuming you’ll have time to ride what with all the competitions. 😆

DezB
    Free Member

a lot more physically tiring than you would expect.

Have you seen how fit dancers are? Of course its physically tiring!

(Wouldn’t be seen dead doing it personally!)

khani
    Free Member

If you love her you should go, [stifles giggles] you shouldn’t be bothered about what you look like as long as you’re having a good time and supporting and encouraging your mrs in what makes her happy..
    [collapses in hysterics]
    You need to get some of those tight ass ballroom dancing trousers though…

cp

Ballroom I found a bit meh, but interesting never the less for a few weeks.

Swing/Jive etc… much more fun. Just relax into it – you might surprise yourself!

camo16
    Free Member

You need to get some of those tight ass ballroom dancing trousers though…

Yeah, I thought there’d be a dress code. No boardies and sleeveless tops for me then. 🙁

Thanks for your support, Khani. 😆

If we do it, I’ll post a pic of my firmed up butt cheeks in a few weeks… you won’t be laughing then.

tomhoward

Isn’t there a chance [hopes for a positive reply] that I’ll become a sensitive, emotionally-connected new man and learn skills that’ll help me elsewhere in life, I’m thinking balance skills maybe? [/hopes for a positive reply].

Possibly.

More likely you’ll turn into…

Try and be so crap she doesnt want you to go?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No, however these things tend to be full of single people, so if you give up and chose not to go again as you have no reason to, then they will appear “sensitive” and “emotionally-connected” as they’re doing dance classes (they won’t be, they’re just there in a deperate attempt to pull) and MrsCammo16 may become MrsBobFromDownTheRoad.

Hope that helps.

khani
    Free Member

In all seriousness, wgaf.. Go and have a laugh and don’t take it seriously.. 😀

fasthaggis

Years ago ,a girlfriend dragged me along to ballroom dance lessons.
    I could only dance with the instructors 😳

alpin
    Free Member

not ballroom, but jive. well, not me, but my sister and her fella….

looks good and if i’m honest i envy them just a bit. certainly more fun at a wedding than watching folks like this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE6H_o6XAyA[/video]

have kept saying to my GF that we should do a a fwe classes, but it’s a case of finding the time.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Gets you very fit and the flexibility, core strength and hip movements will serve you well in other activities you can participate in together.

Plus you get to wear sequins!

MrNutt
    Free Member

hahaha no. hahahahaha.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Have you seen how fit dancers are? Of course its physically tiring!

He’s gonna be moving slowly and stiffly around an old church hall trying not to crush his missus’s toes not busting some advanced ballet moves with Leroy from fame.

I’m sure if you enter into it with an open mind and a willingness to participate it’ll be fun and I expect your wife will be grateful for you indulging something she wants to do. Not only that but you’ll become a dab hand at sewing your own sequins.

samuri
    Free Member

I’d do it if the wife asked me to but I guarantee she’d ask me to stop after the first lesson. I am absolutely the least rhythmical person on earth. No-one dances worse than me. I can’t even do a little side foot/side foot thing because it means I have to listen to the music *and* move my feet at the same time in sync with it.

I’m sweating just thinking about how difficult that is. I am of course, extremely jealous of people who seem to be able to do it effortlessly. Yet again the gods conspire against me to be attractive.

camo16
    Free Member

Try and be so crap she doesnt want you to go?

Oh I’ll be crap alright, whether I try or not. 😉

As if I wasn’t paranoid enough, now thisisnotaspoon’s got me worried that we’ll go, BobFromDownTheRoad will be all tailed up, slick and smooth and she’ll happily dance the night away in his cloying, professional embrace while I’m dancing with the no hopers, trying not to fall over in my new, tight shoes.

khani
    Free Member

Not only that but you’ll become a dab hand at sewing your own sequins.

😆 😆 this threads cheered me up no end… 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

I took Salsa with a “girlfriend” of mine.

It
    Was
    Ace.

For some reason I seemed to be the most wanted in the group to Dance with yet I had about as much rhythm as a drunken ostrich. The teacher always singled me out to show moves and yes it was a little embarrassing at the time, for the first couple of lessons,mout you soon settle into it.

All you really need to do now is get a decent Morning Suit ready for the enevitable competitions !!! 😆

camo16
    Free Member

How many sequins are we talking about here? Different colours for each outfit, I imagine? Surely it’ll help me with the lining up of my rim/tyre logos?

Khani, If I’m going, I’m roping you in! 😆

khani
    Free Member

[hides iPad from mrs]
    [hides under stairs]
    Khani who?…

khani
    Free Member

On second thoughts..
    LET’S BALLROOM!!!

DezB
    Free Member

On second thoughts..
    LET’S BALLROOM!!!

I tend to think more…

andyl
    Free Member

Do I admit to this…

I used to dance for my University, both Modern Ballroom and Latin.

My only regret was not trying it earlier and having longer to compete. It’s fun and yes you can use it when you go to weddings etc. as it is nice to be able to do a few dances properly.

Jive is probably my favourite, a lot of fun and has the highest impression/skill at social gatherings like weddings. Waltz and social foxtrot are probably very useful for occasions. Rumba can look look a bit sleazy and I’ not a Cha fan. If you really get into then learn a really good Tango with the missus then you can really impress and make the other women swoon and look disappointingly at their partners.

Starting out it is really hard (well it was for me) to pick up the steps when the instructor is going through them all quickly. It is something you learn to get better with as you see similarity in the steps and no longer have to use all your concentration moving the right foot.

Salsa and Samba are probably the hardest for me to pick up. I blame being a rigid white guy and not some sexy latin stud with fluid hips.

camo16
    Free Member

Smooth like Zorro, Khani!

* suddenly suspects Khani to be Anton off Strictly *

khani
    Free Member

😳

binners

Just THINK of the outfits!!!

Work it girlfriend!!!!

camo16
    Free Member

How many sequins does a dude like this require…

…to transform into a hot’n’steamy ballroom star?

And is there, like, a shop for this stuff?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Don’t forget, a big part of being accepted into a new social group is looking the part.

dawson

what tyres for ballroom dancing?

binners

So we’re saying ballroom dancers have more questionable taste in clothing than cyclists. Possibly. But they’ll run them pretty close.

Probably not on the firmest ground for mocking the clothing worn by others, while indulging in their hobby of choice, are we really?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Do you dance?’ is closed to new replies.