Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Do I really need an eyelet bushing fitting tool
  • bigbadbob
    Free Member

Do I really need an eyelet bushing fitting tool to fit my new HD bushings I just bought.
    I do not have a vice.

wwaswas

nut and bolt with some washers will probably do it or just bashing with a hammer.

It’s a bit like headsets, I guess – how lucky do you feel?

tonyd

For a shock? Not necessarily, but for the sake of less than a tenner they’re worth it IMO. I bought one similar to this a while ago and it works really well. Came with some bushes too.

patriotpro
    Free Member

You have High Def bushings, cool.

z1ppy

as per tonyd, I’ve done it DIY and with the tool, for the cost I’d buy a tool. There’s any number on evilbay for not a lot of cash.
    BTW a G-clamp will work as an alternative to a vice, you tend to need 3 or 4 hands though to juggle everything and keep it straight.

stevede
    Free Member

I’ve got the tool tonyd linked you to and from that seller, definitely recommended for the money.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Hi Chaps, thanks for the info. Just bought the one tonyd recommended.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I need to replace them on my shock and was going to go to LBS. Will but the tool in the link above, looks more accurate than a hammer and socket!

beicmynydd
    Free Member

I purchased one for about £ 7 from ebay it was a joy to use made the job very simple.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

I’m getting the fettling bug now, just watched a video on how to change my swingarm bearings. Need to buy a mallet now.

nickjb
    Free Member

Just changed mine. I have this tool:£9.50 with two bushes

I generally bodge stuff and full range of sockets, studding and string but this tool really makes sense. Takes about 5 mins and no need to take the shock off.

micky
    Free Member

Inormally make my own pullers for most things but for the shock get the £10.00 threaded tool. Don’t be tempted by the cheaper drift. hammers have no place near shock stansions IMO.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Also use the tony d linked one and it is simplicity to use

Did not fancy mallets and drifts on my shock either

househusband

Might I recommend this one on eBay – purely because I know the fellow that makes them!

EDIT: The same one that nickjb suggested but without the bushings included!

norvunoik
    Free Member

I bought the one that househusband and nickjb recommended, last week and it worked a treat.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Folks, thanks for all the info, bought the bushings and tool, fitted at the weekend, a bit of faffing about, but sorted.
    Many thanks.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Do I really need an eyelet bushing fitting tool’ is closed to new replies.