Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DIY taco only bash
  • scottidog
    Free Member

I’m thinking about knocking together a taco style bash from a single piece of polycarbonate that will mount directly on to the iscg mounts being as no one seems to be making one yet.

It’s for a 456 evo set up 1 x 10 to protect the ludicrously expensive NW chainring. I know I could just use a bash as I always have in the past, but i just fancy a taco for reasons of vanity.

Only possible issue i can think of is any impact will be transmitted directly to the mounts rather that via a backing plate like on a normal taco/guide combo. Reckon it’ll matter?

tthew

Unless the force bends the backing plate, it’s going to end up at the mounts anyway, so I wouldn’t have thought so.

timmys

Is this not what you are after?

http://www.mountainracingproducts.com/mrp/xcg/

shredder
    Free Member

Or this Blackspire Bruiser

Northwind

For whatever it’s worth, my narrow/wide (not that expensive, £35) is wrapped in steel for protection 😉

I had the old MRP taco thing for a while, but noticed that the Gamut bashring I had lying around was actually lighter, and looked better.

scottidog
    Free Member

Ah ha that is what I was after, just a bit more compact as I only need cover 30T ring.

Gonna go the DIY route I reckon.

Just thought as well, the bolts thread directly into the raceface ring, so how do you a bash with it? Have to get extra long chainring bolts?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DIY taco only bash’ is closed to new replies.