Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Dirt Fantasy DH – STW league
  • packer
    Free Member

I have brought in Danny for Fort William as I think he has the potential to win there.
    Finally given up on Riffle after having him on my team since the beginning of last year (no doubt he will finally pull a good result out now!).
    Graves was a disappointment at Val Di Sol but I am going to stick with him and see what he can do this weekend.

Lifer
    Free Member

Made changes before Carpenter crashed out last week, just changed to Tracey Hannah for Ft Bill.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

i think greg will win ft bill.. he’s on form riding well and the track is one of his favs. gwinny might struggle to match his power on the motorway.

danny doesnt make sense for the money although he’ll probably be up there.

beaumont is worth a shout too.

girls? im stuck :S

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

thirion is value for money this week too.. great form.

Rickos
    Free Member

No changes for me this weekend. Greg, Steve Smith, Nick Beer, Mick Hannah and Tracey Hannah.

chapa – Greg was for Gee and Smith was for Brosnan to keep the costs in line, so not too bad after all.

legend
    Free Member

gwinny might struggle to match his power on the motorway.

Revised motorway looks like it will have a much smaller effect on things than before

cookeaa

I didn’t bother with any changes between Val-de-sole and Ft-William and it seems I finally seem to have a good(ish) team together I think, all my Men finished in the top 20 and Ragot did the business in the Womens…

The question now though is do I monkey with a comfortably above average team (If not Top drawer) or do I take a flier on some some Tweaks ahead of Mont St Anne?

For instance chopping in Hannah or Neethling for Joe Smith based on the strength of his Ft-Bill Finish?
    Utter Maddness or calculated genius?

chakaping
    Free Member

Team changes for MSA are vexing me too.

Instinct says to swap Greg and Danny for Sam Hill and Bryceland, but that could backfire drastically.

I’m keeping Hannah in, anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t forget your transfers guys.

Still undecided on mine. Is Minnarr off form or not? Hmmmm.

Lifer
    Free Member

Wouldn’t make changes yet, Mont Sainte Anne isn’t until 24th June.

qtip

I’m in – Doc QT Racing.

Just had a reshuffle due to Troy Brosnan being out:

R Atherton
    G Atherton
    S Hill
    J Barnes
    R Jones

chakaping
    Free Member

Wouldn’t make changes yet, Mont Sainte Anne isn’t until 24th June.

My mistake, as you were everybody.

Got confused with one-week gap between MSA and Windham.

🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks like a strong team qtip – but is Joe Barnes racing all the WCs?

cookeaa

Instinct says to swap Greg and Danny for Sam Hill and Bryceland

I’d stick rather than twist there;

Minaar is a very consistant top of table finisher and Hart also seems to be banging in reasonable finishing positions generally with the odd inspired ride, Hill and Brycland are not ATM, both might finish high or might stick it in the bushes… (IMO of course).

cabeaumont
    Free Member

Remember that Minnar lost his chain around about the cattle grid at Ft. Bill…..and still finished 6th freewheeling the 2nd half of the course!!

cookeaa

Look at it like this:

With Minnar/Hart you run a far better chance of both getting points scoring finishes where Hill/Bryceland its a higher risk of being either further down the points or even a DNF…

Not based just on FW but looking at the last 12 months or so of their respective careers.

If you want an indicator of general consistancy look at each riders 2011 final points score (in each riders profile):

Minaar – 1203

Hart – 1179

Hill – 422

Bryceland – 621

overall last season both Minaar and Hart performed about two to three times better than either Hill or Bryceland in terms or points at least.

Don’t trade just on the strenghth of the last race…

qtip

is Joe Barnes racing all the WCs?

Good point! A quick Google and I’m still none the wiser. Anyway, he’s only really in there because he was cheap and one of the few riders in that price range that I knew anything about. Same goes for R Jones. Might swap them out after the next round.

chakaping
    Free Member

Remember that Minnar lost his chain around about the cattle grid at Ft. Bill…..and still finished 6th

Didn’t know that until now, he’s staying put then.

Makes my re-shuffle a lot easier actually.

🙂

clubby

qtip – Have Joe Barnes for same reason! Anyone else good for the same money as I can’t see him travelling to the stateside round?

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t forget to make your team changes folks. Deadline is tonight or tomorrow morning I think.

Done mine anyway.

🙂

packer
    Free Member

I’m sticking with Minaar and Hart for my big hitters. Was tempted to draft in Sam Hill but my cheaper guys weren’t performing so I decided to get rid of them instead.
    What is everyone else changing?

chakaping
    Free Member

Went with Greg, Gee, Sick Mick, Austen Warren and Tracey Hannah.

Not a bad result considering Gee’s stack in practice and Mick’s chainless race run. Think I’ll stick for Windham.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Graves has been a disappointment, who can I swap him for next race?
    Do I keep Hannah and Beer? Siegenthaler has been good value though!

chakaping
    Free Member

Tomorrow’s probably your deadline for team changes before Val D’Isere on Sunday. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

packer
    Free Member

Yep, 13:30 BST tomorrow according to the Dirt site.

So who do we think will win this one then??

chakaping
    Free Member

So who do we think will win this one then??

Well I voted Sam Hill on the Dirt web poll, but that’s partly wishful thinking really.

Still, looks a short track so maybe Gwin isn’t a foregone conclusion for once?

Rickos
    Free Member

Aye, Peaty reckons 2 and a half minutes, so pretty short.

Tough one to call – Gee’s on form, so he’ll probably do well. It’d be nice to see Sam Hill up there too.

As for my team, I’ve swapped the Hannah bro and sis team for Manon and Loic Bruni. Would liked to have swapped Greg for Sam too, but ran out of changes and I suspect Greg will do better at Leogang so I may as well keep hold of him for now.

cookeaa

Looking at the Vids and pictures up already the course looks good and should be pretty good for coverage, Short course with lots of features…

I think the shorter course will suit Gee and Hill…
    But if the Gwinner can take this one He’ll be all but un-touchable thats got to be a big motivator.

No Change to my Fantasy team sticking with Ragot for the womens reckon there must be a bit of Home ground advantage there… maybe.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why’d Tracey Hannah have to wait until the qualis to put herself in hospital.

🙁

At least Rich Thomas had a good one, he’s looking good value for £50k.

GW
    Free Member

Hill punctured in quali
    I hear it’s raining.
    don’t count him out.

Tracey Hannah was prob good for 3rd at best

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah but she only cost £150k in the game.

Rickos
    Free Member

Hope she heals quick. Femur is a bloomin’ big bone to snap!

However, on a more mercenary note, my switch from Tracy to Manon has worked well (both at £200K) and from Sick Mick to Loic Bruni (so far…).

GW
    Free Member

Mick snapped his bars but being top 20 should be protected and good to go tomorrow.

Amazingly the two Sam’s (Dale and Hill) still qualified with rear flats

and Gwin still made the cut easily with two of these..

chakaping
    Free Member

Woohoo! I’m up to second in the league after this weekend’s incredible racing.

It’s tight at the top though, and there’s still one world cup round and the world champs to come.

Rickos
    Free Member

World Champs this weekend.

WOOP!

Gwin for the win?

chakaping
    Free Member

Probably, but let’s hope for another team gb gold.

Gee, josh and peaty all seem to be on good form ATM eh?

Forecast suggests rain for Sunday!

Rickos
    Free Member

Apparently they’ve bike parked even more of the track than was bike parky previously! Gonna be tight times if that’s the case.

chakaping
    Free Member

Gah! Tried to get Charre on my team but she wasn’t in the game.

At least Manon came through with a bronze.

🙂

clubby

My best result of the year! First, second and fourth in the men’s and third in the women’s.

chakaping
    Free Member

Had a good week myself too, same result as you thanks to Greg, Gee, Mick and Manon.

Pipped to the top of the league by 3pts though.

🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Dirt Fantasy DH – STW league’ is closed to new replies.