Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • dilating eye drops – wow !
  • iainc

was at Eye Clinic earlier and drops administered by student under consultants supervision, jeez I think I got about 4 drops in each eye….. can only just about read screen now, 3 hrs later …. The sunshine outside s one step too far for now 🙂

strong stuff whatever it is..

woody2000

Sounds like Ecstasy, only without the fun 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Every 6 months for my diabetic eye test…

Awful.

iainc

woody – I wouldn’t know, but it ain’t fun 😆

I naively thought that getting home early would let me get out for a wee blast on the bike – no way, I’d crash in the first minute !

T666DOM

Could worse you could have diabetic eye disease. That’s no picnic I can assure you!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I had the drops when I had my consultation for laser eye surgery. They told me to bring sunglasses with me but I forgot… I had to stagger to a Costa Coffee shop and sit in a dark corner for two hours!

iainc

didn’t mean to offend those with eye conditions, apologies. My pressures are high end of normal hence this was a referral for full eye health check, which thankfully is ok, apart from some microscopic beginnings of early cataracts (only age 47). I am pretty sort sighted (6.5) and have worn specs for years. I did get the drops a year back at optician, but must have been less/weaker solution as nowt like the effect of these ones

DickBarton

Aye, they are awesome things…I seem to have managed to get it down to about 2.5 hours of annoyance after administration of drops (at diabetic checkup time) – after the appointment I go and wash my face and open my eyes in the water…my thinking is that this rinse out some of the treatment so it weakens it and I recover sooner.

I’ve ridden home a couple of times with them on full open and it isn’t pleasant (but does make the ride home more enjoyable!).

forge197
    Free Member

I have them dropped in my eyes yearly, quite something, bit of a sting then you can’t read anything close only stuff in the distance it is quite unpleasant 🙂 fortunately was a dull day when I had mine done this year, but have had then done on a sunny day that is really uncomfortable.

Still happy to have it done yearly to keep a check all is well.

Might do the wash out think next time or get some optrex maybe?

scaredypants

in the good old days they used atropine – lasts way longer

pretty sure it’s why the stories about vampires and daylight started

northernmatt

I had them weekly when I got a central retinal vein occlusion (read blocked blood vessel). First time they said it’ll be a bit bright outside and you won’t be able to drive. I didn’t have a car at the time so I took my trusty cheapo charity shop find mongoose BMX. I lived in Brighton and worked in Hove so I had to ride down Western Road (iirc) past the Amex HQ which is a long downhill. By the time I got to the bottom my eyes were streaming and I couldn’t see anything except for vague shapes. I walked home and rang in sick. After that I got the bus.

iainc

sitting in passenger seat coming home into low sun this afternoon was dazzling and quite uncomfortable. Never been so glad to see clouds !

endurogangster
    Free Member

Good job they don’t dilate your brown eye!

T666DOM

Wash out trick won’t work the drops get absorbed through your cornea instantly. By the time you would’ve been examined none would remain in you extremal eye. The longevity of the drugs action depends on what they use and the colour of your eyes also your age.

Generally the drops work faster for blue young eyes.

iainc

old greysih ones here, nearly back to normal after 7 hrs….

benji
    Free Member

Had a month and a half of them after eye surgery, it was not enjoyable, there is only so much financial doom and gloom you could hear on a radio whilst laying in bed unable to really see anything. Talking books were no good, all I did was sleep even more which is probably the best thing I was doing.

Spin
    Free Member

Belladonna?

Northwind

You know what really narks me, is that when I get my eyes done at the diabetic outpatients, they don’t use drops. When I get them done at the eye hospital, they do. Grr.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘dilating eye drops – wow !’ is closed to new replies.