Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Difference between BB5 mtb and road
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

I bought some bb5 from the forum for my cx bike, but they don’t specifically state road or have an r on them.

I think they’ll turn out to be mtb ones which is a shame, but is there a way to tell the difference just to confirm my curiosity. Length of the arm or something?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Bump for the lunch time crew

smiffy

The length of the lever arm; to match the lever throw. The lever might feel a bit baggy if it’s wrong. Still should fine, though.

thomthumb
    Free Member

they might be alright try them.

I ran a shimano mtb cable disc on my CX. the cable needed adjusting (for pad wear) more often, like every 6 weeks instead of 12 – not a big deal really.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I ran a shimano mtb cable disc on my CX. the cable needed adjusting (for pad wear) more often, like every 6 weeks instead of 12 – not a big deal really

Did the same thing here before getting Road BB7’s – you have to keep the pads trimmed super close to the rotor, and keep doing it, to stop them feeling baggy. The down side of this is they feel a little digital and lack feel, but it was OK.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Cheers everyone, anyone able to take measurements of the rotor arm so I can confirm one way or the other?

cyclebiker

I have a set of BB5 in the shed, I’ll measure my length tonight and get back to you.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Thanks cyclebiker

clubber
    Free Member

Aren’t road ones silver and mtb ones black?

cyclebiker

Sorry for the delay in my response, but my levers are 32mm from the centre of the are pivot to the top of the arm (where the cable will sit) hope this helps and is not too late.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Difference between BB5 mtb and road’ is closed to new replies.