• This topic has 25 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ton.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Differance in handling………….??
  • ton

would this bike handle a lot differant with these two set ups…..

the forks being the differance.

tinsy
    Free Member

Wouldnt have thought a massive difference, why does it?

jfeb
    Free Member

What are the black forks? Longer than the Rebas I assume?

Stoner
    Free Member

is there any difference in the A-C after sag?

nbt

it's bumped up the headla angle by a degree or so, will make it a atd more stable on the downhill, a tad less agile in the tight twisty stuff I reckon

ton

the black forks are whites 130mm, the others are reba 120mm.
    it feels a lot nicer in the black fork set up.
    shame that they are twangy and very noisy in comparison to the rebas. 😥
    the rebas are a lot stiffer too.

nickc

I'd rather have better performing shorter travel, than crap long travel

ton

rebas will be fitted when available……
    anyone wanna buy some whites 130mm 😆

tinsy
    Free Member

Do the whites have any kind of arch on them?

jfeb
    Free Member

I was wondering that! They must do, surely – just hidden by the stanchions in the photo?

ton

they do have a arch, but it is a small one compaired to the rebas…..could be the problem???

tinsy
    Free Member

Dunno, it does look small, I guess they feel its stiff enough with the big axle…. But maybe not.

lowey

I thought those White's looked a little on the flimsy side the other week matey, but didnt want to say anything. I would have though you would be better off with something very robust. Like some Fox 36's for example.

bonesetter
    Free Member

The White Brothers are 15mm longer travel (135) that your Rebas which will slacken your HA by ~1.5 degrees.

This brings all the associated change – better on the steep downs, rolling over stuff easier, easier to loft, more of 'trail' upright riding posture compared to 'XC' stretched out position, etc

Don't you like them?

mamadirt
    Free Member

There's a lovely pair of bolt-thru Manitou Minute Elite Absolute 120s on ebay at the mo' 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

More importantly, with shorts that big, you could hook that rotary up to the National Grid if the wind got up!

😉

ton

cfh pmsl…… 😀

bonesetter – Member
    The White Brothers are 15mm longer travel (135) that your Rebas which will slacken your HA by ~1.5 degrees.

This brings all the associated change – better on the steep downs, rolling over stuff easier, easier to loft, more of 'trail' upright riding posture compared to 'XC' stretched out position, etc

Don't you like them?

nigel, it is not that i dislike them, just that they are very flimsy compaired to reba bolt thrus….

nbt

I think its the bolt through that makes the difference. a chap of you stature will feel the difference: Loo for bolt through revelations or pikes, of Fox 36s if you can fiund them at a reasonable price. I'm condiserably smaller than you and I felt a big difference when using bolt through forks

MrTall
    Free Member

NBT,

Ton's bikes are 29ers so the fork choice (especially bolt thru) is somewhat limited at the moment. No Revs, Pikes or Fox 36's. Choice seems to be getting slowly better though.

nbt

is that a 29er? I know ton's a big chap, but the frame must be enormous as the wheels look "right" in there 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better pair of forks than the Rebas at the moment,even if you are desperate for 130mm+

lowey

Mr Tall… totally forgot about the 29'er thing.

Julian, yes its a 29'er. I needed step ladders to have a go on it the other week :p

tankslapper
    Free Member

I've just spotted the shorts too! **** me Ton – you must be one scary bloke!!! Great trampoline (steal your neighbours shed!)

If the White forks (black ones!) are adjustable then no worries. You've the best of all worlds.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I have got to say 'very flimsy' is a description I've never heard said about White Brothers forks. I've heard many others things said, but never flimsy

So, I have to ask – what do you weigh ton?

tinsy
    Free Member

Thw White Bro's forks ARE bolt through….

ton

those short are tight on me too………………. 😯 😉

Bonesetter…………..20 stone on a salad day………. 8)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Differance in handling………….??’ is closed to new replies.