Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Attractive women with average chaps-can the girls explain this phenomenon?
  • Podium
    Free Member

Referring to the more milf-esque age groups here…mid 30s,40s, and 50s

Why do so many attractive women pushing trolleys around Waitrose [for instance] invariably seem to have a far from equal match on the man front?
    Was said male co-shopper once a former fine specimen in his distant youth?
    Are these pretty laydeez still content with the average [or worse] outta shape middle-aged excuses of men?

Seems to me that when you see couples in their late teens,20s and early 30s the balance often seems to be a good match.Like for like,as it were.

As women come into their prime the superficial aesthetic balance goes out of kilter.Based on my Waitrose studies,at least 😉

There must be more than a few milfs desperate for an upgrade,I’d have thought.Logistically not easy to do,what with house,kids and lack of financial independence.Or does enduring love render them blind.

Just a thought.

Should I let my handsome,athletic,sensitive 40something self go a little,so as to snag me one of these finer types?

Answers please girls…

DrJ

Should I let my handsome,athletic,sensitive 40something self go a little,so as to snag me one of these finer types?

No – money is the magic aphrodisiac.

Podium
    Free Member

I assumed that too.

Case closed then.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

money is the magic aphrodisiac

my thought was that lovely looking isn’t necessarily reflected in the personality (and contrariwise)

sputnik
    Free Member

Yup, golddiggers the lot of them

chela
    Free Member

Seems to me that when you see couples in their late teens,20s and early 30s the balance often seems to be a good match.Like for like,as it were.

Looks are less important to them as they get older? Maternal instincts and ‘love’ and wotnot come to the fore for a woman instead?

So… stop being so shallow 😉

He says, having just asked out a girl ten years younger than him… 🙄

konabunny
    Free Member

This thread is useless without pictures. 😈

Podium
    Free Member

^^ Ha

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Maybe it’s a class thing. Where I live, lots of blokes do heavy manual jobs, while a lot of the women do very little in the way of exercise. So, it’s the other way round.

And as DrJ says; money is quite an important factor in the equation.

When I was at uni, there were a lot of middle-class kids from wealthy backgrounds. Whilst some of the girls would have fun whilst at uni, many of them spoke of wanting to meet a bloke who would provide for them, and keep them in a comfortable lifestyle. Very shallow, I thought. But it was as though it harkened back to ages ago, where all women had to do, it seemed, was to make themselves look pretty so that they would look good on their husbands’ arms. 40, 50+ years ago, not as many women had ‘careers’, outside of homemaking and motherhood, so financial stability was something they found desirable.

You would think that things have moved on, but it does appear that certain vestiges of the past remain. But then, the role of the male as breadwinner/hunter, and the female as the homemaker/mother, is quite a primeval one, and undoubtedly still quite entrenched within our humanity.

So, the ability to make money has replaced the ability to be big and strong enough to be a successful hunter, certainly within ‘developed’ societies.

As for base, animal attraction, well, people still lust after other sexy people. Can’t fight that. Maybe it’s just that our social conditioning has led us to a situation where it’s more acceptable for men to want to be with physically attractive females, and female sexual desire has been oppressed within a male-dominated society.

What a load of waffle, for a Sunday morning…

Podium
    Free Member

wise but true waffle RB

Podium
    Free Member

I think we all take that as a given but I really wanted some defacto responses from the girls..

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Sorry!

duntstick
    Free Member

Mrs Merton:’So what first Debbie,attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?’

Podium
    Free Member

No need to apologise for such eloquent prose.Totally agree.

There must be a lot of frustrated housewives out there.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Maybe the guys are, ahem, large guys…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

A far to brief and simplistic comment, on what is undoubtedly a complex and intriguing topic.

I ‘get on’ with women, and have always had lots of female friends. Probbly ‘cos I had a good positive relationship with my mother, or something. Talking to them about what they find attractive, in men, is quite inertesting. Looks are not as immediately as important, as in men. Most women definitely seem to favour personality over looks, overall. And the thing about looks; we are bombarded with images and representations of female beauty, and have been throughout time. Women have always been objectified, whereas men have oft been the principle social actors. So, it’s therefore a lot easier, for woman to ‘conform’ to ideals- men are not sure as to what these socially-constructed ideals are.

Take a look at how women are evaluated. there’s a thread on Caroline Flint MP, regarding her sexual attractiveness. There is bugger all mention of her abilities as an MP, or her character. Do women look at all male MPs, and sit there thinking ‘would you’? I doubt it. Maybe some. I dunno.

So, for a woman, looking good is a requirement to which most believe they must conform. Until quite recently, in Western society, any attempts by men, to buff themselves up, would be frowned on by other men, and labeled effeminate, or ‘Gay’. I had a mate who would quite publicly say that I looked ‘Gay’, when we were out in a group. Until one of the women pointed out that he was just jealous of me, as I am slimmer and fitter than him, and dressed better. He now has a wash and a shave, before going out…

Upshot is, it’s not as ‘important’ for men to loo good; we are more preoccupied with wealth and power.

Bit silly, really. I find intelligent, successful women very sexy. Unlike some blokes, I’m really not bothered if she earns more than me (if she earnt any less, she’d be skint!). I don’t feel emasculated in any way.

Must go; I’ve got to clean the place up, do the dishes and that, get the dinner prepared, for my little friend who’s coming round in a bit. I’ll have to get cleaned up as well, and a bit of aftershave might not go amiss…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Maybe the guys are, ahem, large guys…

one might speculate that such lack subtlety thinking size is sufficient 🙁

vrepami
    Free Member

Im not getting involved..

MV happily a middle aged ugly bloke with attractive lady.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Podium…I reckon it’s time to change your supermarket!!

Podium
    Free Member

Do women have an instinct for a potential provider/partner, I wonder.An internal genetic sensor,which they have to override when only looking for to fulfill certain physical needs.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

And Podium…your eyes will automatically have been drawn to the “attractive” women…you’ll then have looked at their partner and muttered to yourself something along the lines of…”how did that ugly fat f***** get her?” 😉

Don’t suppose you noticed the ugly women with attractive men.
    Or the “matched” couples.

Get back to Waitrose and do some more research!!! 😈

8)

Podium
    Free Member

Hey FC,I’m a Waitrose kinda guy.

It’s a universal phenom,regardless of where one shops.Could be a wedding,party etc.

But I’ll nip into Sainsbury next week just to make sure.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Possible theories on a subconscious evolutionary bias :

i) Attractive women are placed on a pedestal and treated well by blokes who have successfully shot for the moon – a relationship with a less attractive man may be more stable and him less likely to leave/sh*it on them. A man without the looks often relies on his personality and behaviour to be charming and good to spend time with, women are mature/developed enough to prefer this and recognise this trait as better father material.

ii) Women may subconsciously feel insecure if a man is more attractive than them, as he is less likely to stick around as he may get a “better offer”, therefore not good father material. Often borne out by the fact that bad experiences with “bastards” in younger years leads to later settling down with more trustworthy blokes for nestbuilding.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A man without the looks often relies on his personality and behaviour to be charming

ooops, so THAT’S where I’m going wrong ?

Drac

Huge schlong

Podium
    Free Member

Wonder if they would mind if I did an in-store survey,complete with with clip board and questionnaire.

“Madam,can you tell me exactly what you see in your fat,balding middle aged husband cos you is well hot?”
    😛

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Until quite recently, in Western society, any attempts by men, to buff themselves up, would be frowned on by other men, and labeled effeminate, or ‘Gay’.

Erm…don’t think many of this chaps mates would have stood much of a chance if they’d called him “gay”. 8)

Just have a google at 18th, 19th and 20th century fashion, and I reckon it’s the blokes who are the most tarted up!! 😉

FoxyChick
    Free Member

LOL at Drac!!!

SO true!! 😉

Podium
    Free Member

Yes Foxy,I do notice all the various couplings.Adds another dimension to the midweek top-up.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I do notice all the various couplings 😯

In Waitrose??????????????

Podium
    Free Member

But it’s what you do with the third leg that counts,all women know this 😉

Podium
    Free Member

A slip of the tongue *snigger* Couples.. [hopefully not coupling]

Podium
    Free Member

Back on track please.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A slip of the tongue *snigger*

that too ? How adventurous!

cinnamon_girl

So … Podium … do you live up to your forum name?

I agree about Waitrose – different class of females in there – and very interesting too for people-watching 🙂

Some may say that women come into their prime in their teens … unlike men 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

And he wonders why he is single…

I found having a larger Schlong and reasonable good looks really helps to pull but only at first (a few months anyway)

Your confident/nice/male personality, body and brains to match. Money doesn’t always come into it. It helps to have cash/independency.

Be yourself. Get friends to set you up with dates or just ask them out.

Educational vid that will make you laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72VuEk7bIbA&feature=channel_page

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I found having a larger Schlong … really helps to pull but only at first

this prompts 2 questions:
    1) do you get it out on first meeting to establish your credentials ?
    2) did you have the op and notice and improvement – otherwise how would you know ?

aleigh
    Free Member

some women (including myself) like men who treat them well and have respect for them – these are some of the key things that makes the non pretty boys attractive. oh and pretty boys cannot be trusted!

Drac

Pretty boys aren’t going to be looking at females.

zaskar
    Free Member

Hey If I was that hung I’d be called Ricky Rocket on my DVD’s…and hitting the cervix is like getting kicked in the nuts so size is not everything. Obviously if you have 3 inches then yes you will have a probs.

Now SFB has a point, I found at least if she’s really into you, you’ll get laid within a week. Just don’t get the male slut image or reputation of using women. Bit like cyclists who go through red lights and give the rest a bad name.

But do you want a lady who just falls over easily like that? and the stereotypical nice girl holds out?

Well women have sex drives too. But they don’t want to be used either-espcially now they’re older and wiser-the tend to know what they want.

Women are great and treat them that way. Make sure you have Chemistry and it’s not hard work.

If it’s really hard to get on, she’s a bit weird, has a dodgy history or wants to take it slow-really slow and you want a relationship-get the hell out asap-don’t be used.

My current GF is a psychologist…some women have been great. I’ve had two wackos which I escaped-you soon pick up on it. Just don’t get laid or your hormones won’t see her faults.

Sometimes it’s nice to be single too.

Be happy with yourself. Find a friend, lover and soulmate. Thats what you want for successful relationship.

You learn with your mistakes, maybe no mistakes at all, just make sure you have the same values and use your EARS! don’t suggest anything when she talks to your about her problem or bad day. Just listen!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Attractive women with average chaps-can the girls explain this phenomenon?’ is closed to new replies.