• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • dialled bikes love/hate: love it or hate it
  • face-plant
    Free Member

thinking about moving from a slot dropout inbred to a love hate any one riding/ridden one. what are they like are they any good and any pictures please

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Love mine, currently running it in 1×9 guise (toying with sticking an Alfine out back) borrowed a mates Cotic Soul and swopped my components on to it, but for me it just didn’t feel the same. Where are you based, I’m in South Wales if you are near and fancy a test ride. Also Dialled are a really good company to deal with, have spoke to them on the phone and have always been helpful.

face-plant
    Free Member

thanks for the offer
    i’m in london so not close enough for a test ride i’ve also ridden a soul i toyed with the idea of a simple but it cost to much and i don’t really like slot drop outs. what’s the ebb like as well?

Hello Face Plant and happy new year.

Head for the Hills in Dorking has a medium Love/Hate demo bike if you fancy taking one for a spin.

face-plant
    Free Member

thank’s i’ll have to head down there. do you have any large frames in stock also i’f i was going to buy one can i come and pick it up direct from your warehouse? i understand you are based in Epsom

ronjeremy
    Free Member

EBB is fine, to be honest I’ve had no hassles with it I’m running a HT2 BB, and it all goes well, what I thought was a creaky EBB turned out to be a dying BB so replaced that and all sweet as again. Defineatley go and test the one in Dorking if you are near.

Oh and hi Mike, and a Happy New Year to you

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Love it!!!

Fantastic frame..

Never really saw the point of singlespeeding… Till I moved to somewhere flat, and bought this…

It’s probably the bike I ride the most now.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Could it be ran rigid? What’s the shortest fork the frame will take?

mangoridebike

Love it 🙂

I’ve run it rigid with on one carbons which works really well. I think 440mm is the recommended length to match the travel it’s corrected for.

oxnop
    Free Member

Bought one yesterday, first time SS’er.

Did my local hilly calderdale 15mile loop and I absolutely loved it. I’ve been used to long travel HT’s and FS and the L/H with 100mm forks was ace.

Im 5 11″ and mine is the 17.5cm frame, currently running a 90mm stem but i’ve just ordered a 60mm as I felt like I was laying across the TT!

Running 32-16 which i thought would be too hard to start with but only needed to push my bike up a 50m kickup (legs and lower back are feeling it today though!)

Woody
    Free Member

Like mine a lot. EBB is a joy compared to track-ends and looks better IMO.

I’ll probably be selling mine as I’ve realised that a medium (I have a medium PA 853) fits me much better than a large.

Drop bar ’29er’ build which was fun but is much better with current Psylo’s and 26″ wheels!

giantjason
    Free Member

i have had mine for several years and really like it. previously ran it with an alfine but now running a Rohloff. i run it with a rigid fork and use it for daily commuting and winter riding. i have never had any trouble with the ebb and prefer it over track ends.

below is not a very good pic

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Mine – s/h frame off here. Very pleased with it. Now has different grips/brakes/pedals

Finally seem to have got chain issues sorted with a velosolo chainring.

Now the ground is soft might put the rigid forks back on

After an ally HT I really like the feel of the frame

face-plant
    Free Member

thanks for all the responses
    how does the L/H ride on single tracks and trials

carlphillips
    Free Member

i have done just that and never regretted it.
    it rides fairly similarly IMO and is a blast on singletrack and small drops etc
    the ebb works faultlessly so far and i far far prefer it to the slidy dropouts on my inbred.
    just one thing though, sizing. i bought a dialled PA and went for the 17.5″ frame…waay too big im 5’9-10″ rode it once and sold it, the LH in 15.5 flavour is perfect…

face-plant – Member
    thank’s i’ll have to head down there. do you have any large frames in stock also i’f i was going to buy one can i come and pick it up direct from your warehouse? i understand you are based in Epsom

Sorry for the slow reply.

Yes, I have a few 19″ frames in stock in orange and ivory.

If you test ride Head for the Hills’ Love/Hate, they’ll also be able to sell you a frame too. I hope that’s OK. I just think it’s fairer if you buy from them rather than me.

Hairychested – it can be run rigid. 440mm rigids are optimum for a 71 degree head angle.

ojom
    Free Member

I used to own one years ago. Loved it so much I decided we should sell them.

A truly fun ride. Bloody quick!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘dialled bikes love/hate: love it or hate it’ is closed to new replies.