Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • DH bike options…..
  • deviant
    Free Member

Never considered Polygon, what are they like re. VFM, I’m anticipating some money left over but not enough to go spunking 7k on S-Works versions of Spesh’s and suchlike!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Think these guys might have some nearly new ones kicking around 😉

http://www.bikes.com/en/stories/launching-maiden

alpineharry
    Free Member

Don’t really know where you buy them from, i got mine second hand but had a look on the site and the new ones are 27.5″ wheel.

dans160
    Free Member

deviant
    Free Member

Stop it with the Ohlins shock pics!….I might do something I regret.

dans160
    Free Member

Mmmm… Ohlins.

legend
    Free Member

alpineharry – Member

Get a polygon, think their new models are 650B and they’re hands down the best dh bike i’ve ridden, owned a myst, (old style) gambler, and a demo. Nothing compares.

Are Polygon not still complete un-supported in the UK?

fingerbang
    Free Member

let us know what you end up with mate – im interested to see what you get.

my own experience is that my 63 deg HA supreme is far more sluggish than my old 64 deg HA Wilson. And my earlier bike was much more playful and easier to ride on, particularly on UK tracks.

what Im saying is that I find the ‘new school’ DH bikes (my DH bike is a 2012 vintage)are harder to get along with than the previous generation (2006-2010)unless you’re a racer. Maybe Im too slow but if I was buying a new DH bike I’d look at something less race specific and with an adjustable geo like a banshee darkside, scott voltage etc

having said that, my newish DH is a monster truck and is great on steep tracks, just not so great on ‘park’ or smooth jumpy trails.

dans160
    Free Member

dans160
    Free Member
    timbo678
    Free Member

Do it….not exactly to your spec but it’s a bargain & nearly new http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141764073416&globalID=EBAY-GB

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Mikewsmith, awwww your tempting me now, really you are.

dans160 with the ohlins, – why on earth did you spunk out all that if you don’t love it!? Is £3k for the full bike?

The ohlins is no doubt an amazing shock to ride on, it was bloody amazing to sit on in the shop.

dans160
    Free Member

3k for the frame mate. Can throw in ‘extras’.

3k for complete bike. No. It cost way more than that. Forks were 1.9k!

Frames are 3.8k new.

davosaurusrex

Turner have green ano DHX on sale for $1350 with the base Fox shock.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘DH bike options…..’ is closed to new replies.