Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Deore M615 brake. leak at the lever
  • mobes
    Free Member

shortened the hoses a few days ago and since then the rear brake appears to have a leak inside the lever body some where. im getting a small amount of fluid coming out near the lever pivot. any one else had this issue or know what the problem might be? do you think my lever is knackered?

cheers

Si

rocketman
    Free Member

Mine were like that from new but shortening the hose and a new olive fixed it. It must’ve been badly seated. However there was still a trace of oil mist at the lever end of the hose for sometime afterwards maybe three or four rides

mobes
    Free Member

cool ,thanks. ive got another olive so will try that. do i have to fit a new barb as well?

rocketman
    Free Member

Seem to recall the barb was ok but I made sure the hose was cut straight with a new blade. Also cleaned out the recess in the lever with a cotton wool bud

Scamper
    Free Member

had the same issue after shortening my zee. Guy at Tweeks said it was normal – will have to check the email but something about overfilling the brake on a re-bleed so it purges itself. It was fine after a while, but I also tightened up the olive nut at the same time.

mobes
    Free Member

awesome. cheers guys. will give it a go this week all being well

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Deore M615 brake. leak at the lever’ is closed to new replies.