Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • *Deep breath* Decent quality, decent fitting *gulp* polo shirts?
  • IHN

I’ve got some Crew ones but they’re a bit sack-like, I’d like something with a bit more shape (without being completely skinny mod-like). Plain colours.

I know it’s been asked on here before but it was ages ago and I can’t find the thread.

WWCFHW?

perchypanther
    Free Member

WWCFHW?

Ralph Lauren…..but only when he’s actually playing polo

johndoh
    Free Member

I got a really nice one from Fat Face (well TK Maxx, but originally from FF) – plain, well fitting, well made and has washed a few times and kept its shape.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🤣

Have never worn RL, even when I used to play polo! (Yes, really. While at university).

John Lewis own label ones are nicely cut, good quality and plain/logoless. The best ones I have are from Roderick Charles, but it looks as if they’ve stopped making them.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Sensible answer – Get thee to a big golf shop.

They’ll have a wide selection of good quality polos.

iainc

Try Spokes of London, online. They have really good sizing tool, and do great chinos, and polo’s. I have worn their ‘Sharps’ as work trousers for years and recently bought a few polo shirts and been impressed with fit, quality and service.

IHN

A-haaa, I walk through a golf-course every day, right past the American Golf shop…

jekkyl

Marks and Spencers! seriously, they have quality plain polos that are £10 in the outlet malls and £15 in normal shops. I hate logos on clothing and they don’t go bobbly after many washes and they look smart, loads of colours.

perchypanther
    Free Member

A-haaa, I walk through a golf-course every day, right past the American Golf shop…

I like the Nike Dri-fit ones. Super comfy and wash beautifully.

smokey_jo

Had a few of these: https://www.win-or-lose.com/polo-shirts/classic-fit-polo-shirts/
    Lasting well and well made and fit me ok (I’m straight up and down with a beer belly starting to show)

Marin
    Free Member

Fred Perry. Diets available so they fit properly!

willard

The style in US InfoSec circles seems to be the UnderArmor ones. Lots of people wearing them as they wick away traces of pressure…

nbt

In order of preference / desirability / street cred: Lyle & Scott, Fred Perry or Slazenger (pink, yellow or green) #backtotheeighties

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Golfists, neds, and pensioners unite! A polo shirt thread!.

Gads! 🤢🤮😂

MrPottatoHead

I am rocking a golf polo (!) today. Far more comfortable, dry quickly and don’t need ironing. What’s not to love!?

benz
    Free Member

Kirkland Signature at CostCo are good honest basic polo shirts. Just the right mix of cotton and elastane. Or, they certainly used to be.

M&S also good for honest polo shirts.

Much prefer plain polo shirts without ‘Boss’, ‘Polo’, ‘Auld Mannie’, etc nowadays. Understated elegance 🙂

Markie
    Free Member

https://spoke-london.com/collections/tops look good, I think – and should be able to get a good fit as you choose chest, cut and length. No logo either.

siwhite
    Free Member

Alpkit do a wicking polo now, which would be good for hot days. Similar available in Lidl on occasion…

DrJ

Roderick Charles, but it looks as if they’ve stopped making them

My ghod – what is the world coming to?

LeeW

Sunspel are very good quality, seem to last well too.

funkmasterp

I am rocking a golf polo (!) today

Can I have chips with my Big Mac please?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Can I have chips with my Big Mac please?

Fries.

Maccy D’s  doesn’t sell chips.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Marks and Spencers! seriously, they have quality plain polos that are £10 in the outlet malls and £15 in normal shops. I hate logos on clothing and they don’t go bobbly after many washes and they look smart, loads of colours.

Agree, I get mine from M+S.

craig5

howies, end of

richmtb

I like the Nike Dri-fit ones. Super comfy and wash beautifully.

+1 We had some logoed polos made up for a work event / conference and they are very comfortable. If I’m going in the office and not seeing customers I just stick one on. No need to iron them either.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Had the same dilemma recently when the auld polo was relegated to decorating duty.

Ended up going for one by Paul Smith.

Not sack-like, appreciably tailored compared to most of the other ones I tried and it has a multicoloured zebra on it. What’s not to like?

the-muffin-man

Good grief we’re slacking today! Sports Direct is the only place to go to for your Polo shirt needs.

cheers_drive

Uniqlo

slowoldman

Nothing wrong with M&S. The label is inside if it bothers you.

TiRed

My Hackett has held its shape well after numerous washes. Available without logos but not cheap. For patterned I like Ted Baker.

frankconway

+1 for Sunspel.
    Also look at Oliver Sweeney; still a few left in their sale.
    Boss sale nearly over but worth a look; decent quality and some are logo free – so even better.

Rich_s

I quite like my Raging Bull ones. Not cheap, mind.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Another vote for uniqlo. Been wearing them for years. They changed their sizing a couple of years back and I went from a medium to a large, although they were the same size.

funkmasterp

Fries.

Maccy D’s doesn’t sell chips.

It does, but it calls them fries for some reason. Long slices of potato fried until golden are chips. That’s a whole different thread though.

Sandwich

Welcome to middle age!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Crew are a bit sack-like ?
    Not in my experience ..I really like the fit ..
    Another shout for Costco / Kirkland Polos ..really lightweight and ideal for hot sweaty days working outdoors ( wouldn’t wear them for anything else ..
    I also like Fatface Polo’s but have found the stitching to deteriorate on the shoulder and upper arm section long before ( my ) expected shelf life…

sadexpunk

i like the cut and colours of Pretty Green. never thought id buy anything connected to a gallagher, but i put my loathing to one side and bought a few in their sale.

previously i tend to order around 20 that i like the look of at m&m direct, try them all on, keep around 5 and send the rest back. its usually the ‘slim fit’ jobbies that look best on me. no big logos as per above.

Cletus

Site from Screwfix/B&Q are decen quality for under £10.

Not exactly fitted but not too baggy and very robust as intended for builders etc.

CountZero

Golfists, neds, and pensioners unite! A polo shirt thread!.

I’m now of pension age – I refuse to wear any polo shirt, whoever the hell makes them.
    Never liked them, never will

juanking

Personally I quite like them so there!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘*Deep breath* Decent quality, decent fitting *gulp* polo shirts?’ is closed to new replies.