Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Deejay RIP
  • splashdown
    Free Member

RIP

bramleyborn
    Free Member

Just found out today. Only got to know him recently and he was a real nice bloke, always up for a chat and banter. He’ll be sorely missed. RIP.

CHB

Sad news. RIP.

senorj

Very sad , condolences to family and friends.

muddy247
    Free Member

Very sad news, I hadn’t ridden with Deejay but had seen him around Swaledale regularly.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP

mashiehood
    Free Member

RIP, enjoy the trails in heaven

Trekster

May I add my condolences to his family and friends.

I was due to ride with him and his mates who had already cancelled an earlier visit due to the snow.

samuri
    Free Member

What a terrible piece of news. I only met Dave once (I think), and very briefly.

Rest in Piece.

tails
    Free Member

That’s too young to be leaving his family, sounds like a nice person which is a very rare thing these days. I hope monday goes as well as it can for his family an friends.

miketually
    Free Member

There’s a nice tribute to deejay in the local paper.

Dispite living in the same town and riding in the same places, I don’t think I ever met Deejay, but my wife has as he investigated the theft of my bike after it was stolen a couple of years ago. Really regretting missing out on a couple of chances of riding with him in Swaledale.

smogmonster

Whoh, shocking news. I only met him once, on a ride up Fremington a few years back..and frankly he rode the legs off me…and to top it off he knew the trails up there better than I did, despite my living there for years! A really friendly guy who obviously had a huge passion for biking. Commiserations to all his friends and family.RIP.

mkitson
    Free Member

I always imagined Dave would be still mountain biking at 80. He introduced me to loads of routes in the Dales and like everyone else I had to work hard to keep up despite being 10 years younger. I never once heard him grumble or snipe about anything or anyone. He was one of a kind.
    Only 2 months ago we were exchanging emails on the merits of 29ers as he enthused about his new Trek. It’s still hard to believe he has gone.
    RIP Dave.
    Martin

miketually
    Free Member

I hope this morning’s gone as well as it could for deejay’s friends and family.

wors

I hope this morning’s gone as well as it could for deejay’s friends and family.

+1

Cheers for psoting those links Mike.

lisbon67
    Free Member

Sleep tight Dave you will be missed in person but not in spirit

Brian

lowey

That was a very moving funeral for the nicest bloke you could ever meet. You guys riding behind the hearse was just such a fantastic touch.

The hundreds of people there paid testament to just how popular he was. Sorely missed.

It was nice to catch up with some old friends too, but the circumstances were horrible.

See you all at the Memorial Ride.

Ride in peace mate.

suedeejay
    Free Member

This is Sue David’s wife. I just want to thank you all on behalf of myself and the family for the good wishes and kind comments. I can’t describe the shock of his sudden and as yet unexplained death, but all your lovely comments and photographs have been a great comfort. It was wonderful to have so many at the funeral and he would have loved the bikes following him.
    Especial thanks to Steve, Trevor, Graham, Andrea and John.(Sorry if I have missed anyone)
    John your organisation of the funeral was excellent, thankyou so much.You took good care of him. Steve thanks for the lovely words and all who helped contribute.
    He so loved his mountain biking and the company of you all.

casper33
    Free Member

Hi 1 and all
    I managed to get some bits together from Dave’s funeral. i hope you like the video…
    Dave’s Funeral Video

RIP Dave
    regards
    John

nbt

Thanks for sharing that John

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Great ending tribute to Deejay. Thanks John.

five7five
    Free Member

Thought I’d post a copy of Steves new thread on the deejay memorial ride.

fatgit – Member
    Hi
    We are organising a ride as a tribute to our friend Deejay.
    It’s on Sunday 14th July and we are setting off from the Dales Centre in Reeth at 10am
    It will be a leisurely ride, approx 2.5hours but we are allowing 4 hours if that makes sense.

In true Deejay style though there is plenty of climbing!!!!
    The plan is to meet Daves family at the top of Fremington Edge where his family will scatter his ashes., then descend back to the centre for refreshments if you wish.
    Stu at the Dales Centre is organising a field adjacent to the river for parking so there will be plenty of room.
    All welcome
    Any questions give me a shout
    Cheers
    Steve

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Really sad and shocking news about Dave. Like many people, he kindly took me for a ride round some cracking trails in the Dales and we later met up on the odd STW Northern chapter ride. One of the most decent people I’ve had the pleasure to meet. Would have liked to go on the tribute ride but still healing from recent injuries. I’m sure it will be well attended as Dave was so obviously well liked.

loddrik
    Free Member

Didn’t know the guy but am gutted for his family and friends.

Can I ask what type of cancer? It seems like it must’ve progressed pretty quickly.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Never good to hear news like that. A moments silence will be observed on the highest peak of my next jaunt into tut hills.

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Deejay RIP’ is closed to new replies.