• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Decent pub/food near Brizzle airport?
  • IHN

Flying out from Brizzle first thing next Friday so staying in a B&B nearby the night before. Any recomendations for a decent pub/eatery in the vicinity?

gooner69

Bear ans Swan, Chew Magna.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Pony and Trap, nr Chew Magna – beats Bear and Swan hands down.

Sunday lunch is especially nomnomnom.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Or you can try Carpenters Arms, which has rooms too, but food not quite as good – but still bloody nice.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Pony and Trap, nr Chew Magna

+1

deluded
    Free Member

Pony and Trap

+2 Good luck with booking a table though – might do it if you put a call in fairly soon.

IHN

Any opinions on the George and Dragon (it’s walkable from the B&B)?

http://www.georgeanddragon-bristolairport.com/gallery-images-bristol-airport.htm

wallop

If you can get a table at the Pony & Trap, make the effort to go – it has a Michelin star.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, Pony and Trap…doubt you’d get a table now though.

IHN

I’ll bear it in mind for the future but TBH, on this occasion I’m more after a decent couple of pints and some quality pub grub. Maybe even have the footie on if we make the semi finals…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

If my memory is correct, the George and Dragon used to be home of the championship winning Felton Eccles tug-of-war team. What’s not to like…..

Edit: Google says yes – they used to have a large poly-tunnel in the pub garden for ‘humidity training’……

richc
    Free Member

New Inn at backwell is very good, and its just at the bottom of Brockley Coombe where abouts is the B&B?

IHN

The B&B is between Felton and the airport. The nearest pub is the Airport Tavern and there’s not a cat in hell’s chance I’m going there…

deluded
    Free Member

The George Inn in Backwell does nice food but they wont have a screen for the footie.

The Plough Inn in Wrington is reasonably good plus they’re showing the Euro games I believe.

ssmith1979
    Free Member

I live five miles away from the Airport.

For decent pub food and a beer I’d suggest the Plume of Feathers at Rickford.

Or maybe the Plough at Wrington. Same thing – just a bit more up market.

You’ll need a car for both… each about 10 min drive.

Never been in the George and Dragon. Living 5 miles away that should tell you something…!

S.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Where is the b&b?

noteeth
    Free Member

Venture out to The Crown at Churchill!

clubber
    Free Member

the Plough’s decent.

andyl
    Free Member

Plough has been very good every time I have been – good fish too and Sunday is burger and pub quizz night 🙂

Plume of feathers serves huge portions for good price and never been disappointed – hope they put their ribs starter back on again soon.

Crown is a great little pub but lunch only.

The New Inn over in Backwell is supposed to be good and heard good things about the George there too and a pub on the road between Wrington and Congresbury. Talking of Congresbury I haven’t tried the Ship and Castle.

I was up in Felton the other day and wondering what the above places were like. Sounds like the Pony and Trap will be worth a visit.

As for really near to the Airport – not a clue. Plough is not far though if you have transport and the Ethicurian at the Walled Garden is very good for afternoon relaxing.

Bowl Inn, Lower Almondsbury.

Cracking country pub, very decent food. About a mile from J16 of the M5

wallop

Pony and Trap is just pub grub, btw, just very good pub grub.

IHN

Cheers all.

If I can persuade High Command to drive, we’ll try the Plough. If not, we’ll try the George (and report back) 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Decent pub/food near Brizzle airport?’ is closed to new replies.