Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Dealextreme delivery time?
  • mrh86

Ordered a p7 torch from deal extreme a while ago, and according to the "order tracker" it got dispatched on the 28th october. Just wondering how long other peoples stuff has taken to arrive?

grumm
    Free Member

They say 7-14 business days from dispatch, so should be any day now.

Dudie
    Free Member

My incredibly swish 'waving Chairman Mao' watch took 2 weeks to arrive.

franksinatra

Mine arrive on Tuesday, exactly 4 weeks after ordering

nitrambocg

Placed my first order with DealExtreme 14 days ago – MTE P7-D light plus charger and battery.

Not received, so tracked the delivery and Royal Mail say its been delivered to an address in Leyland (which is miles from the correct invoice/delivery address in North Wales).

Now having to pursue DealExtreme for a refund.

All in all not very satisfactory at all…. would not recommend.

thatscold
    Free Member

My order from Deal Extreme is showing as having left HK post office on the 22/11 for it's destination. For tracking purposes is it delivered in the UK by Royal Mail registered or Speedpost/parcel? I opted for basic delivery.

Thanks.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

All in all not very satisfactory at all…. would not recommend.

That's NOT DXs fault. You do realise that they don't deliver it, don't you?

brakes
    Free Member

I opted for EMS delivery a the end of October – took about a 10 days to be dispatched then it was on the EMS tracking system so I could follow it all the way to my door
    All in took about 18 days.

grumm
    Free Member

Mine never showed up on either of the tracking systems, right up until it was delivered.

Olly
    Free Member

i ordered mine on the 11th.

tracker thingy says its waiting to be packaged still.

will chase it at the weekend mefinks

nitrambocg

That's NOT DXs fault. You do realise that they don't deliver it, don't you?

Obviously I accept that DealExtreme do not do the delivery.

However its still unsatisfactory and lots of hassle & delay to sort out.

The delivered address (Leyland) is nothing like the correct delivery address in Wales, which suggests it was wrongly applied by DealExtreme OR Royal Mail are extremely incompetant OR Royal Mail have some criminal activity in their midst (mail diversion).

footflaps

I've ordered loads of time from DX, always takes 2-3 weeks from order placed to stuff arriving. At those prices you can't really complain.

greasystain
    Free Member

2nd November: Ordered Bike light on DX
    11th November: Order status – SHIPPED
    24th November: Hong Kong PO confirmed that package has left HK

I am now unable to track this order it seems until it has arrived?!

Do DX packages come Speedpost or Registered?

ChrisE
    Free Member

Can anyone help me;

I ordered the LED light, saw the 'order completed' screen but didnt note the details as I asumed they would send an email with the tracking number etc like everyone else does. They didnt! I just have may Paypal receipt. Anyone any ideas? This was all late October.

C

DezB
    Free Member

As greasystain – ordered on 4/11/09 – delivery track available from 17/11 but only "sent from Hong Kong" – no UK tracking available.

I suspect the DX light that was on the order is still "waiting for suppliers" though. Glad my mate is patient!

Have ordered a couple of things from them in the past which have arrived within a couple of weeks.

lightman
    Free Member

ChrisE-

Make a DX account using the same paypal email you used to buy it, and then you'll get all the account/order info.

nitrambocg

Anybody concerned might want to take a look at the Dealextreme forum topic [Updated 20091124 – Regarding the Wrong Destination Problem]

Seems as though many items (>3000?) have been sent to the wrong place over the last month, often the wrong country! Some discussions suggest HK Post Office may be at fault….Great

Squirrel

Ordered a Bastid 28th October. Still waiting…….. 🙄

greasystain
    Free Member

Squirrel: has your order left HK yet?

mrh86

I decided to contact my local post office, they apparently tried to deliver the item at the start of november sometime and say they left a card. I never saw such a card. They have now returned the item to DX!!!!! I raised a ticket with DX customer services 7 days ago now, but no response from them yet. When royal mail works, it works well. But when they mess things up they really do it well!!!! Cant see myself getthing hold of my P7 torch for a good few weeks yet.

Crag
    Free Member

Ordered a Bastid 25/9 – still waiting.
    DX customer service being worse than average up to press.

grumm
    Free Member

mrh86, you're in Lancaster aren't you – I have some lights I could lend you if you want – got a DX bike light and two Fenix L2D torches.

I won't be using them for a bit as I'm still not very well – and the weather is hideous.

mrh86

Grumm – Cheers for the offer. Already got a light I use on my handlebars… was going to use the p7 as an additional helmet light.

mrh86

Dx customer service operators appear to have an inability to answer questions:

This is what I said in the ticket that I raised with them:

"I have yet to receive this order, so contacted my local post office. They have informed me that the item has been returned to sender. I recevied no notice through my letter box informing me that I had missed the delivery. How do I go about re-arranging delivery? "

And the response i received 8 days later:

"Dear Martyn,

After checking,The item (RB**********HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 28-Oct-2009.so please wait with more patience,you will receieve your package soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards."

Useful!!!!!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I know a fair few riders who have got a P7 from DealExtreme, myself included, nobody has had any problems with delivery my own was on my bike within 2 weeks of order.

BUT then, I got mine last year – so did most my mates – then the P7 became really popular so maybe DX have to order them in ?

Squirrel

Update: arrived today!!! 😀

Doh1Nut

I order a bunch of stuff from KD / DX at around the time of the postage strike two parcels took a bit longer then normal – about two weeks, but the first parcel posted went missing for 6 weeks before landing unexpectedly on my desk.
    I think that it got stuck on the bottom of the strike backlog which they have only just cleared- only a theory.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I ordered two items from them but they never even left HK. Cancelled them both after 2 weeks and went elsewhere.

thatscold
    Free Member

Hey Squirrel, that's good news. I ordered mine on the 28th as well so hopefully it will arrive any day soon….

ChrisE
    Free Member

That worked. After whinging on here about it, I got home tonight and it's in the post box with a note 'signed for by postman'

C

albino
    Free Member

I placed 3 separate orders at about the same time. 2 of the packages arrived within 3 weeks. The other took over 2 months! No idea why.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Dealextreme delivery time?’ is closed to new replies.