Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Dead Garmin
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

1 hour in the rain, pretty sure it was mostly covered for that time, I plugged it in to hear a beep then the screen go blank…I’ve taken the back off and left it on a book on the radiator, no change yet.

It’s a 2 month old 210, should I be surprised? I can get it warrantied as I work for a retailer, but am not impressed…

rickmeister

A little silicone lube (not sealer), on the small rubber closure for the charger makes it slide properly closed…

I found when it was dry mine couldnt be trusted to seal properly…

dobo
    Free Member

forerunner 210? its not broken! probably.

it just needs a hard reset. dont take it apart!

do a google, theres a certain combination of button presses that resets the watch and it will spring to life.

ive had it happen a couple of times and never remember the button preses and usually just press them all a load of time and sometimes it comes back.

mines been plenty wet and works fine just try not to submerge

leffeboy

The famous leave it in a bowl (or bag) of rice trick? (along with the reset advice above)

mooman
    Free Member

My garmin 800 has been in some wet rides lately – and has now stopped calculating elevation. Every ride appears to have been almost flat on the elevation graph when downloaded 😕

Unfortunatly, mine is out of warranty 🙁

alibongo001

I just had mine fall off the road bike. Do garmin offer a crash replacement service?

leffeboy

Do garmin offer a crash replacement service?

I don’t know what happens within warranty but I got a vastly reduced unit when I destroyed the screen of mine when I went otb.

faz083
    Free Member

Have no problems with Garmin warranty. Have had a new HRM from them as I thought mine was broken (turns out my heart rate is just extraordinarily high!). Then the cadence/speed sensor broke. They send a new one, no questions asked, and it came next day.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It won’t even switch on, so a reset appears impossible.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

My 510 died last week, on/off button stopped doing anything but when I touched the screen the start screen would flash up and then go off a second later. Tried all the reset procedures with no joy. I noticed the week leading up to the total failure that when switching it on the screen would flash 7 – 8 times as if resetting itself, the battery would then show 100% when it def wasn’t. Pretty frustrated actually, it’s only 3 months old, failure started after a particularly wet/cold ride. Sent it back a week ago but according to the bike shop Garmin haven’t even looked at it yet, they’re “working” on a two week turnaround.

riddoch

Though garmin are really good for waranty and out of waranty isn’t it a simple case of returning to store for replacement?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I’d hoped that would be the case (instant replacement) but shop said they’d have to send it back.

dobo
    Free Member

It won’t even switch on, so a reset appears impossible.

yep thats what usually happens with mine, no screen or functions whatsover, try the various reset methods, if i recall the hard reset wipes previous data on watch

Resetting a Garmin Forerunner 210 with blank screen

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers dobo, I’ll give that a try.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Worked a treat, cheers!

geoffj

The charger for the Forerunner 210 is piece of shit design. Getting the clamp to line up and the pins to engage is far more faff than it should be and I think is the cause of lots of random shutting down and inability to turn on properly.

The plastic cradle for the Forerunner 10 is much better.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Agreed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Dead Garmin’ is closed to new replies.