Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Day one of getting back out there
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

After a “chat” with the wife on Saturday regarding my frame of mind (long boring story of depression/anxiety and low self asteem for the last 8 years) I decided to take some small and tentative steps to get myself back to the Boba Fatt of old. I’ve tried tablets/counselling/new age remedies and although i’m not as bad as I used to be I’m no where near back to normal.

So……today
    I got up at a reasonable time
    Did not lie in my pit looking at the clock and wallowing in self pity
    Had a reasonably healthy breakfast
    Took the dog for his morning constitutional
    Got changed and went out on the bike, nothing strenuous…..

……12.52 miles later (according to the Endomondo)of “not exactly hilly but enough dirt to keep me happy” cycling later I am absolutely cream crackered, probably a bit dehydrated and in dire need of a shower.

Happy…..oh yes!! First real step I’ve taken in years to try to get healthy again. A lot more steps to take but I am superbly chuffed with myself 😀

Now I’m off to find a biscuit

wwaswas

good man 🙂

and do the same tomorrow!

takisawa2

Top man. Good on yer.

fadda

Good on yer!

paulos
    Free Member

Well done Boba fatt whats the saying “journey of a 1000 miles starts with first step” Happy days

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh well done, keep at it and by next summer you’ll be flying.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’ve tried before and failed before, but the other half basically intimating that all this is ruining any relationship we had left is somewhat of a wake up call

ton

keep on keeping on mate.

illigitimi non cardorundum………….. 8)

soobalias
    Free Member

you are not tired, you are not dehydrated, you do not need a shower

MTFU and get back out there for the afternoon session, its beautiful weather.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

illigitimi non cardorundum

Had to google that, but thats a hell of a grasp of latin you have there 😀

cakefest
    Free Member

Never give up.

thepurist

Boba – remember that ‘end of ride’ feeling, then next time when you’re sitting in the house coming up with excuses not to go out you will know that you’re 100% guranteed to feel better if you’ve been out on your bike. That’s sometimes what I need to get out of the door, but then the first turn of the cranks takes me 1000 miles away.

MarkyG82

I’m not feeling too great myself but whenever i ge out on the wheels I feel soooo much better. I can leave the world behind me and enjoy the mud, wind and quiet.

Keep going 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Boba Fett – it’s great isnt it.

jedi

riding is soul food!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Good effort fella.

MarkN
    Free Member

Well done, Like all things one step at a time and before you know it you are way ahead of where you started. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Day one of getting back out there’ is closed to new replies.