Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Darkside: Anything better (and
  • hora
    Free Member

Evening 🙂 For all year use, anything cheaper from Vittoria?

Kryton57

Its Road Biking or Cycling btw.

schmiken

?

edhornby

I think you’ve missed some bits out of your OP but if you mean better than the GP4000 you currently have, the answer is no. Run them at the bottom of the recommended pressure range, stay out of the gutter and away from the leaves where possible, you’ll be fine. The compound on the contis are really good. Maybe for winter a thicker inner tube and save the latex ones for summer

hora
    Free Member

Yes the GP4000. My nexus phone + stw = weird

TheDoctor
    Free Member

No, for grip and general puncture resistance the gp4000s are hard to match. I use them all year round

MSP

If your bike would take it I would seriously consider getting the 28mm version for winter.

http://www.rosebikes.de/artikel/continental-grand-prix-4000s-ii-rennradreifen/aid:709371?gclid=CPnEp-qLhMkCFQIYwwodRzUP1w

scaredypants

I thought you’d given up road riding, Hora ?

anyhow, tubeless schwalbe ones (though they’re in the process of being replaced by a new model). More expensive and less long-wearing than GP4000s but IME less easily torn by flints and lots grippier and nicer to ride.

Cheap isn’t good for all year use, I reckon

dirtyrider
    Free Member

+1 Schwalbe One

Kryton57

Maybe for winter a thicker inner tube and save the latex ones for summer

An interesting article in this months Cycling mag explains how actually thin tubes are actually more puncture proof than thick ones. Its has to do with the willingness of the material to bend around the penetrating obstacle as opposed to no flexible lack of resistance.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Sounds like I’m in a minority compared to those above, but I have found GP4000s, the rear mainly, to get trashed by riding through winter.

At the moment my winter bike has GP 4 Seasons which are pretty good, but I noticed the other day that a large chunk of tread has detached from the rear of those, and they’re not even that old… 😡

hora
    Free Member

Vittoria Latex tubes are awesome
    Someone on here recommended them to me. Before putting them in I punctured nonstop. I was really sceptical though due to their sensual(!) Soft, thinness. I had zero punctures though. So definitely think they are 2x£8 well spent.

TiRed

Vittoria Open Pave are not cheap, nor particularly hard wearing, but they are a lovely tyre, especially when run with latex tubes (twas I) for all year use. Excellent in damp conditions. I mix them up with Schwalbe Ones (tubeless and latex tubed). Not a fan of Continental tyres to be honest.

palmer77
    Free Member

I have a Santa Cruz Chameleon (small) for sale which may be of interest to the OP 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I’d love that. Pity I won’t be at the bmx track for 3months+ 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

I’m a bit underwhelmed by Schwalbe Ones, haven’t inspired confidence so far.

schmiken

I’d recommend the Vittoria Paves thoroughly, been running the clinchers and tubular. Lovely tyres!

palmer77
    Free Member

hora – Member
    I’d love that. Pity I won’t be at the bmx track for 3months+

POSTED 12 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Its perfect 🙂

[/url]IMG_9452 by sastrugi1977, on Flickr[/img]

palmer77
    Free Member

Saints front and rear, XT groups, Mavic 521 on XT hubs, Thomson post and stem, Easton havoc bars, ODI Troy Lee grips, DMR Vault pedals, Conti Mountain King IIs…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Darkside: Anything better (and’ is closed to new replies.