Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • dare I suggest a Christmas Ride?
  • duncancallum

I was wondering if any one fancies a ride on weekend before Christmas and then a few pints and a pub meal after?

I was speaking to the landlady of a pub I frequent which has a huge carpark and excellent beer who was quite happy if a load of mtbrs turned up, and if we could give numbers she’d reserve a few tables for us…

The pubs in tockholes and I think binners knows it well. It’s the Royal.

You’ve got darwen tower and the Whitton weavers way right there.

My local knowledge is more rivy but there are some brilliant bits up on t’moors.

Esme
    Free Member

Good idea, and excellent choice of venue.

Vaughns Country Cafe will probably open early for the pre-ride bacon butties. Give him a call, once the details are sorted.

Sandwich

Needs a Binners poster for maximum impact. I wonder if there are enough brownie points for a trip oop north from the flatlands.

ton

I will make one in if a I amm, which is a most probable.
    nice to ride with new faces in a new area.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Quite possibly yes! Keep us posted.

Bregante

I could be up for this

duncancallum

Right pick a date I’m thinking a Saturday. That way we have Sunday to recover. I might even kip in my camper there just cos I can.

Anyone profer a route? And times?

oldgit
    Free Member

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3542/3382096518_4f17efa5d7_o.jpg

STW rides whatever happened to them, Here’s an early one from Woburn.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Come on Dunc – its your ride – you plan and lead!

Sunday suits me better, especially on the weekend before christmas! With the best will in the world i will struggle to get out of family shopping trauma on the Saturday! Plus i suspect that there will be a lot of works drinking sessions on the Friday night… 😀

How long do you want to ride for? Why not go for a fairly big one and try the 4 towers ride. Will take 4 – 5 hours but will be very rewarding? (earlyish start and done for 2ish) Otherwise it will probably be a case of riding up on Darwen Moor and perhaps around Roddlesworth Reservoirs.

Bregante

Sunday would be better for me (work do on Friday night) but whatever the majority go with.

Pook

Oldgit – nothing, here’s the pootle from three weeks ago

duncancallum

Weekend of the Saturday or Sunday 14ththen?

Bout 1pm do about 4hrs then food and beer.

Let’s see which days best. I’d need numbers to sort it out at the boozer

binners

Only just seen this. I’m sure some of the mammy regulars would be up for it. We’re all out tonight, so I’ll see who fancies it

If I get chance, I’ll rustle up some artwork 😉

tthew

Mammy regulars?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Can do the 13 th but not the 14 th

4 towers on the SS will be erm interesting 😯

Dont base it around me though as I may have my kids and I dont care about the pub bit!!

nbt

we did a Ramsbottom CHristmas ride a few years ago from the Lord Raglan up at Nangreaves – it was the day after boxing day, 9.30 start, I remember Binners was one that one and maybe Mr Sparkle? I recall finishing the ride down this lane at about noon where we saw a parked car. The lady driving the carhad lost her contact lens but it must have pinged right out of her eye into thelap of the chap in the passenger seat and she was struggling to find it. Binners offered to help.

twenty minutes later they drove past the carpark where we were getting changes and wouldn’t look at us as we cheered. Odd, that

Bregante

Binners offered to help.

😯

duncancallum

Bump as I need to know numbers for the pub unless we all just rock up on mass and eat chips….

wittonweavers
    Free Member

You need to set a time and a date and then people will fit in around you. I can’t imagine the royal being too full to accommodate us!

project
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psNPZeqzuGo[/video]

Believe this was the planning for last Singletrack ride.

duncancallum

Alight then.

Sunday 14th 1pm the royal

bring money for food and beer!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am out

Enjoy the ride

dazh

I’m in (probably, haven’t checked with the Mrs yet). Money for food as well as beer? These things are getting expensive!

langylad
    Free Member

Bugger, tore my calf muscle last saturday giving it ‘rude boy’ large. I haven’t been up Darwen tower for a few years and would have enjoyed that

duncancallum

Week before bump.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘dare I suggest a Christmas Ride?’ is closed to new replies.