• This topic has 145 replies, 111 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by paton.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)
  • Danny's Wee Day Out
  • colournoise

Looks like Cut Media watched Akrigg’s Trial Trails vid and turned it up to 11.

Some amazing stuff in there – the pedal spin, scrub-hip-flip and case to front flip were stand outs for me – just so creative and smooth (at least on the take that made the edit).

sideshow
    Free Member

National Express somehow look a bit classier than last time I traveled with them, can’t quite put my finger on what the difference is

ferrals
    Free Member

Really like the slides on the tree trunk and picnic table

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Ace, not that often that something literally puts a smile on your face.

EDIT just realised this makes me sound like a right grumpy git! But I’m sticking with it 🙂

mintimperial

case to front flip

Bloody loved that. “Oooh, he’s coming up short… **** THAT WAS ACE”

Interesting to see from the credits that the treetrunk slide was as hard to pull off as it looks though – several of other bits of zero friction balancing in there too, must require razor-sharp balance even by Danny’s standards.

ninfan
    Free Member

*Spoilsport alert*

Love the riding, but can’t help having reservations over encouraging kids to play on railway tracks and silage bales (half ton bales rolling away have killed numerous times)

ferrals
    Free Member

@ninfan – thought exactly the same thing re. the bales.

Didnt occur to me about the railway – but then used to play on a steam railway near a mates house when young, used to flatten coppers by puting them on the line 😳

perchypanther
    Free Member

used to flatten coppers by puting them on the line

😯

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Great video, much prefer to watch him than Chris Akrigg on a bike, much more natural.

2nd best vid of his for me, I still think The Ridge is the best.

He’s one of the few sports people I look at I think he doesn’t get the exposure he deserves, or the financial reward.

BoardinBob

The Ridge has 45 MILLION views on Youtube

Imaginate has 58 million views

Way Back Home has 38 million views

etc

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yeah but if you ask the average person on the street they would NEVER have heard of him, but they would Andy Murray etc.

sas78

Stu Thomson’s directing just makes it look so lush doesn’t it!?

The riding skills are amazing, but for me I love how all his videos just make you feel good and all warm and fuzzy inside and want to go ride a bike and have fun!

Love it.

roverpig

Pure dead brilliant !

donald
    Free Member

I’m off up the Pentlands to try that now

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m off up the Pentlands to try that now

Alphabet

I’ve had a rubbish couple of days and that has made me smile. 😀

ocrider

howsyourdad1 – Member
    Can’t believe how good that was . Wowsers. Love the spin on the pedal and the skid to 360 .

Yep quality stuff. I was wondering if Mr Roskopp had any influence on Danny’s new tricks. That’s a definite Natas Kaupas homage!

donald
    Free Member

Bit wet, I’ll leave it till tomorrow.

BoardinBob

I would disagree. They may not know his name, but I’d say awareness of his videos outside the biking community would be very high.

I reckon most people on the street would struggle to name a tennis player outside of Djokovic, Murray, Federer and Nadal

rascal
    Free Member

Giggled like a loon all the way through that.
    Just different from the ‘usual’ and utterly brilliant! 🙂 🙂

xc-steve
    Free Member

Wonder if he pre-booked his bike on that train…

Great video want to ride now!

cokie

Fantastic video and, in my opinion, his best yet.
    Love natural trail videos, probably why Chris Akrigg appeals so much.
    Danny bettered Chris though. Some incredibly riding going on there.
    I need to watch that again when I get home on the big screen.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Absolutely awesome.

That bench slide was perhaps the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.

Just one of those videos where the scenery, rider, music, choreography (seems like the right word) and director etc coem together to make something spectacular.

Houns

Brilliant.

Genuine “lol” at the puddle. The hay bale and the flip/back thing made me say wow out loud ( “wol” I’m trademarking it)

Only time I’ve been on my back with the bike attached I needed 2 mates to get me back upright

orangespyderman

Love the riding, but can’t help having reservations over encouraging kids to play on railway tracks and silage bales (half ton bales rolling away have killed numerous times)

Couldn’t agree more, kids’d be much better off staying indoors with their PS4s. In his defence he did wear a helmet, which has been proven in a number of studies to make you invicible do something useful. Maybe.

ulysse
    Free Member

Better than Akrigg?
    Burn the witch!

brassneck

Being interviewed on 5 Live right now

flossie
    Free Member

Absolutely brilliant, and raised the bar again.
    Also love the lack of machismo and Scottishness/Britishness.

brassneck

Love the bale roll .. it’s the imagination in each trick as well as the skill that gets me. Really cheered me up that.

flossie
    Free Member

Just showed it to my non cycling customer and she gasped and laughed all the way through…. Bringing it the masses Danny. Chapeau!

benp1

What a quality video. I reckon that was his best yet

larkim
    Free Member

Really good to see the outtakes too – you imagine he can land a bike onto a train rail every time he attempts it; clearly not! Puts into context how hard some of the tricks are to pull off if he’s missing them.

Also, kudos for being able to bale (see what I did then?) so effectively when it goes wrong. If could guarantee baling out like that perhaps I’d be less fearful of 30cm drop offs!

benp1

That true actually. He’s very good at falling off well, I guess he has/had lots of practice

AlexSimon

I guess he has/had lots of practice

and operations 🙂

cjr61

Awesome!

danposs86

3 days to film that log slide. Can’t knock his and the crews dedication to bring us such gold!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh I liked that a lot.

Of all of the tricks and stunts the peddle spin on the post was sublime..

Best vid of all of his, and great to see some humour.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Fantastic!

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Best one yet, some great new Ideas too

postierich
    Free Member

Obvious lots of CGI going on don’t be conned!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Danny's Wee Day Out’ is closed to new replies.