Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Dan Athertons new track
  • themilo
    Free Member

Probably linked that wrong – first attempt.

Not as gnar as some of the enduro stuff but worth a watch for the scenery and the air into manual skills.

Nice.

geoffj

Nice that. I could almost imagine riding some of it.

deviant
    Free Member

He’s done well to carve a niche away from racing, the UCI should bring him in as a consultant for their DH courses….Hardline stands alone as a bonkers event and his riding still rocks….his BDS result at Bala a few years ago shamed many regulars given it was a one off and a bit of a laugh!
    The Athertons are still a formidable sponsors wet dream.

Watched a vid of him just riding up and down some unknown (to me) hill in Wales a while ago and it was as good as anything Danny Mac does (minus the tricks obviously) in terms of getting me out on my bike.
    I really like the bloke and most of the community do too.

jam-bo

i don’t believe that is in wales. it didn’t rain for nearly 6 mins.

BoardinBob

I really like the bloke and most of the community do too.

He certainly comes across a lot better than Gee does.

I did the Redbull Foxhunt in Ireland a few weeks back with Gee.

At the girls event the week before Rachel was wandering about the pits and camp area chatting with everyone, getting pics etc. On the race itself she was shouting loads of encouragement.

Gee on the other hand was the aloof, charisma-less robot you’d expect. Hardly any interaction with the crowd or competitors. Bland beyond belief with no personality.

wwaswas

Bland beyond belief with no personality.

Maybe he’s just shy?

BoardinBob

Yeah I’ve actually thought that before. He comes across so unnatural when he’s being interviewed that it’s quite possibly shyness. Not everyone can be Ratboy I guess.

palmer77
    Free Member

Real nice 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Gee on the other hand was the aloof, charisma-less robot you’d expect. Hardly any interaction with the crowd or competitors. Bland beyond belief with no personality.

Its a time trial not a popularity contest.

Northwind

BoardinBob – Member

Gee on the other hand was the aloof, charisma-less robot you’d expect. Hardly any interaction with the crowd or competitors. Bland beyond belief with no personality.

I’ve only met him teh once, ages back at the nationals, tbh I had no idea who he was but he was nice enough, really not like he comes across in other things. I think he’s a bit like my boss- he’s got a fixed idea of what “professional” looks like and tries to live up to that and just ends up looking like a bit of a knob instead.

OTOH, he really outdid himself in pietermaritzburg that time when he spent a minute lambasting everything as being “ghetto”- “ghetto pits, ghetto uplift”- in ****ing South Africa. I think if the UCI ever announces a world cup in Poland, he’d probably just better not go.

Euro
    Free Member

I did the Redbull Foxhunt in Ireland a few weeks back with Gee.

Did you get a chance to ride some of the good trails while you were here? Not dissing the Foxhunt as Stevie puts a lot of work in too making as good as possible, but there are some fantastic rider made trials in the Mournes and neighbouring forests.

Trimix
    Free Member

Never mind if you like Gee or Dan or whatever, those trails look bloody good.

When can we (try to) ride them ?

mos

Is that at some trail centre/open access forest, or just another spammy looking mega budget trail primarily built for marketing purposes?
    It all looks great but i get a bit tired of seeing private trails.

chrismac

Mos – I agree.

akira

It’s in Dyfi, I imagine it’s tolerable as its s bike park.

chakaping
    Free Member

Sure I saw something saying “opening 2017”.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Looks good and another good video.

It’s amazing what you can knock up with a spade and pick.

shifter
    Free Member

Nice atmospheric vid, good music. Why doesn’t he race then?

BoardinBob

Actually it’s a thinly veiled promotional event for Redbull and Mitsubishi with Gee roped in to raise the profile and drum up interest

abeach

I’m also sure I heard it was opening soon too. There is certainly a lot of vertical on offer around Dyfi; it looks mega!

Dan seems to be a bit more personable, I’ve bumped into him a few times at the Dyfi Enduro over the last few years. He even rode it in 2014 on a GT XC bike.

abeach
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Dan Athertons new track’ is closed to new replies.