Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 197 total)
  • Dale farm eviction – looks like it will be long and drawn out
  • ski
    Free Member

Going to be one of the most expensive public funded restoration of a scrapyard, once its all finished.

tablesalt
    Free Member

Isn’t it now possible to buy an entire housing estate in Ireland for the same price as a packet of fags?

Buy one get one free at the moment!

Northwind

Houns – Member

They are people too, they aren’t dirty rats who steal, cause damage and destruction. They don’t leave a trail of rubbish everywhere they go.

Shall I tell you a little story? Oh go on then.

Edinburgh council tips won’t accept rubbish from travellers as it usually includes commercial waste- trees and hedges and such. But they also don’t collect bins from traveller’s sites. So, there is nowhere for them to get rid of their rubbish. So they pile it around the sites.

Last time the travellers pitched up by my office, the council (or maybe just the workers at the tip) decided to accept their rubbish at the local tip. End result- traveller site was kept fairly clean, and very little mess was left behind.

Now it’s not fair on local businesses who have to pay to get rid of commercial waste, but it does turn out that given the option travellers will choose not to live up to their necks in crap.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

The NSDAP had problems with Gypsies because they had interbred with subhumans, predominantly slavic peoples which had tainted their Aryan blood.

tablesalt
    Free Member

Now it’s not fair on local businesses who have to pay to get rid of commercial waste,

cant you just charge cash on collection?

tablesalt
    Free Member

The NSDAP had problems with Gypsies because they had interbred with subhumans, predominantly slavic peoples which had tainted their Aryan blood.

Im getting bored with the Hitler shit Stalin was just as nasty you know!

richmtb

Now it’s not fair on local businesses who have to pay to get rid of commercial waste, but it does turn out that given the option travellers will choose not to live up to their necks in crap.

C’mon Northwind that sort of balanced argument isn’t in te spirit of this thread.

I do find it bizarre that despite everything the travellers have been accused of what finally does them in is lack of planning permission!

Northwind

tablesalt – Member

cant you just charge cash on collection?

Possibly, don’t know about that. Thing is, it’s cheaper and more effective to accept it for free, than it is to tidy it up later.

Oh- they also caught a local landscaper flytipping onto the site where the travellers had been… Similiar to the way they always find loads more local thieves in the industrial estate when the pikeys are about, they think it’s a good smokescreen as everyone’ll blame them. (actually, it turns out there’s loads more police around, so they all get nicked, it’s great)

None of these things make a great deal of impact into the human slavery thing though.

Dobbo

C’mon Northwind that sort of balanced argument isn’t in te spirit of this thread.

As in they don’t pay council tax so they don’t get their rubbish collected from the sites, and they don’t pay commercial tax so they don’t get their rubbish collected from their ‘work‘.

My heart bleeds for them. 😆

Northwind

Dobbo – Member

As in they don’t pay council tax so they don’t get their rubbish collected from the sites, and they don’t pay commercial tax so they don’t get their rubbish collected from their ‘work’.

My heart bleeds for them.

Maybe you miss the point- they’re not all that bothered, or at least they’re used to it, but other people don’t like it when they inevitably leave mess lying around. Give them an alternative and they took it, and didn’t leave a manky site. It’s not for the travellers, it’s for the locals who end up paying for it one way or another.

TooTall
    Free Member

I do find it bizarre that despite everything the travellers have been accused of what finally does them in is lack of planning permission!

and Al Capone was put away for tax evasion. Funny old world eh?

tablesalt
    Free Member

None of these things make a great deal of impact into the human slavery thing though.

back when we ruled the waves and outlawed slavery. A Captain of war ship caught a slave ship, he was that horrified with the conditions the slaves had been kept in he had the crew thrown overboard to drown.

Dobbo

I think you miss my point:-

it’s for the locals who end up paying for it one way or another

Give them an alternative and they took it,

The alternative is pay their way.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

binners

I’ve noticed that the national newspapers are all carrying “Dale Farm – Live Eviction” news feeds. Do you think Davina McCall will be outside to greet them, and show them their best bits?

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Blimey! Did you just work that one out? Stalin as bad as Hitler. Well done!!!

Would like to stay around for more of your political analysis but the Peak district illegal singletracks are beckoning.

Oh yeah! All you moralisers can **** off with your preaching. So what if crime goes up. Boo!! Hoo!! Like some of you gorgers aint committed crimes. Lets see all you admit you are all so holy. I bet some of you have cooked your books if you have run your own companies. I bet you’ve driven over the speed limit, stolen, beat people up, committed fraud, etc etc. I bet loads of you have committed loads of crimes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Davina McCall’s best bits?

Crikey….

Northwind

Dobbo – Member

The alternative is pay their way.

Sure, but it’s a piss-awful alternative for them, and one they’d need to be forced to take, which isn’t easy at all which makes it a pretty awful alternative for us too. You end up in one of those daft situations where we insist on doing things the hard and expensive way that’s unsatisfactory for everyone, instead of the easy and cheap way that doesn’t quite sit right but gets the job done.

tablesalt
    Free Member

Blimey! Did you just work that one out? Stalin as bad as Hitler. Well done!!!

Would like to stay around for more of your political analysis but the Peak district illegal singletracks are beckoning.

Oh yeah! All you moralisers can **** off with your preaching. So what if crime goes up. Boo!! Hoo!! Like some of you gorgers aint committed crimes. Lets see all you admit you are all so holy. I bet some of you have cooked your books if you have run your own companies. I bet you’ve driven over the speed limit, stolen, beat people up, committed fraud, etc etc. I bet loads of you have committed loads of crimes.
    i feel youre rage!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

but gets the job done

But it generally has scant regard for the people they deal with if they are from outside their own community.

Lifer
    Free Member

tablesalt – Member

i feel youre rage!

Your
    You’re
    There
    Their
    They’re

http://dictionary.cambridge.org

There will be a test.

binners

Is there some kind of league table available to prove that Stalin was worse than Hitler?

Would points be awarded purely for deaths? Or would, say, internment of political prisoners count? Maybe being worth a third of a death or something

Anyway… I’m off to do a great big poo in the middle of my next door neighbours lawn.

RustySpanner

Lifer, best not to be too ambitious.

Salty, start with this, see how you go.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

It’s

your rage!

not

youre rage!

thicko!!

and I’m chillin!!!

I’ll make an assumption and say ‘ you stay at your work desk, occasionally flicking on to this forum and I’ll be having a blast out in the Peak District. Jal.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

ratswithwings – Member

errrr….No

Gary_M
    Free Member

Why is this ‘tablesalt’ character allowed to continue to spout his filth on here, ‘i feel youre rage’, I’m outraged.

Maybe he feels the other chap is rage.

Time for the stupid boy to go.

yunki
    Free Member

You end up in one of those daft situations where we insist on doing things the hard and expensive way that’s unsatisfactory for everyone

’tis the gadje way.. 😉

tablesalt
    Free Member

Is there some kind of league table available to prove that Stalin was worse than Hitler?

Would points be awarded purely for deaths? Or would, say, internment of political prisoners count? Maybe being worth a third of a death or something

The crimes of Stalin are not as well know due to the strong left wing bias in academic writings(from Europe), Stalin called these people such as H.G Wells, useful idiots. Many British academics were singing the praises of Stalin in ther lecture halls as he causing the deaths of millions through his 5 year plans and political liquidations and purges. Stalin killed more people.

RichPenny
    Free Member

To paraphrase the great Bill Hicks;

Anyone DUMB ENOUGH to want to live in Basildon, should be allowed to.

tablesalt
    Free Member

I’ll make an assumption and say ‘ you stay at your work desk, occasionally flicking on to this forum and I’ll be having a blast out in the Peak District. Jal.

lol how wrong you are! but you are mad, so my job is done.

Lifer
    Free Member

I blame the BBC.

Northwind

binners – Member

it’s a points-tie, then it goes to sudden death. And Hitler had a much more sudden death, therefore he wins.

What would Basil do ?

RustySpanner

Northwind – Member

binners – Member

it’s a points-tie, then it goes to sudden death. And Hitler had a much more sudden death, therefore he wins.

But Mussolini had the best view. Bet you could see for miles from that lamp post.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tablesalt = Fred

Possibly.

camo16
    Free Member

Tablesalt = Fred

Possibly.

He’s got to have a prior on here, before the mods got him maybe… 🙄

RustySpanner

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Tablesalt = Fred

Possibly.

Why post that?

Could just as easily be you.
    Whoever you are.

Bazz

I’m usually a left leaning liberal but i have no sympathy here, if you want to call yourself a traveller but live in a permanent structure – fine, if you want to live outside of wider society – fine, want to live in large extended family units – fine, but do it within the law. If every small interest group wanted to live outside of the law then the country would be anarchy and the line has to be drawn somewhere.

tablesalt
    Free Member

I’m usually a left leaning liberal but i have no sympathy here, if you want to call yourself a traveller but live in a permanent structure – fine, if you want to live outside of wider society – fine, want to live in large extended family units – fine, but do it within the law. If every small interest group wanted to live outside of the law then the country would be anarchy and the line has to be drawn somewhere.

well some on this forum may say thats raciest 🙂

binners

If there was anarchy in Basildon, would anyone notice?

I’m quite amazed that the Daily Mail hasn’t gone off the rage scale about how its possible to spend £18 million quid of taxpayers money and to be exactly where you were 10 years ago

Serious question: what on earth have they spanked £18 million on?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Dale farm eviction – looks like it will be long and drawn out’ is closed to new replies.