Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Dalby Heroes – some thanks
  • markcurtains
    Free Member

First visit to Dalby yesterday, enjoyed my first 12.7 miles (cheers Strava) until I fell off the end of a black section onto a red and hurt my arm. Managed to walk down to the fire road where I met a fellow first timer on an orange Orange Five named Sam from Cornwall(!), who shot off to find his mate who knows the Forest well. He returned with Chris who advised Sam where he would be able to find phone signal and get help. Met a few other people who had passed Sam and also tried to call for help for me but couldn’t get signal. Eventually Sam returned with park rangers and a paramedic who put a sling on me and took me to the ambulance.

Ambulance took me to Scarborough hospital where they x-rayed my arm and discovered a break near the elbow.

Anyway, wanted to post this on the off chance Sam and/or Chris read it (not likely this week if Chris’ itinerary he was telling me about is anything to go by) but they were great in gettin me help and moving my bike an gear about until the ambulance turned up.

Mark, the ranger from Dalby was also great in picking my bike up, just spoken to him and he says bike is safe, car is fine until I can get it picked up. Ambulance crew and paramedic were ace too.

tl;dr – cheers to Sam & Chris and various staff from places.

(typed entirely with right hand)

andyv
    Free Member

People are awesome.

markcurtains
    Free Member

Finally went and got my car and bike back from Dalby yesterday, they were very cool about it being left there, no rush for me to collect.

Did however get a wake up call from SY Police yesterday morning after North Yorks Police had “found” my car seemingly abandoned at Dalby VC. Coppers are YOUNG these days :-/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Heroes – some thanks’ is closed to new replies.