Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Daft question – disposing of bins
  • hels
    Free Member

I got home last week and an extra grey bin had appeared in the yard. I gave it a few days to see if anybody claimed it, I am new around here and it is shared garden/access path – still there.

I am now starting to suspect fly tipping.

How does one dispose of an extra bin ? Cut it up into pieces and put it in the proper bin ? Leave it on the street a few doors up ? Take it to the recycling centre ? Take off and nuke it from orbit ?

Does anybody want a grey bin ? Or a green one for that matter, the council doesn’t collect then any more so it might as well go too.

Thanks

RustyMac

If it is a council bin, just give them a call and ask them to collect it. That is how it works up here in Aberdeen.
    If it is not a council bin then take it to the tip or cut it up to put it in the bin.

hels
    Free Member

Cheers – have just emailed the council asking if they will collect it. I might stick in in the street this week with a note “is this your bin – its not mine stop putting it in my yard”

kcal

good instance of recursion – leave out with the bins? 🙂

z1ppy

I’d hold on to it! The chance to get rid of occasional extra bit of rubbish (2 weeks is a long time between collection) would be worth it.. unless you only have a very small yard.

hels
    Free Member

The paved bit of the yard isn’t huge, and I want to make room for the new barbecue. May be I will put it out with a sign “free bin – please take it”.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Build a go kart!

technicallyinept
    Free Member
    project
    Free Member

Chester council last week fined a customer of mine for putting his 2 black bin bags out a day early, didnt matter he was 74 and suffering from chronic health issues and memory loss, and the same council now refuse to pick up smallrecycling boxes from rear of terraced properties, despite picking up black bags from the rear, Just be careful where you leave a bin.

hels
    Free Member

So, you are saying I should put it outside an old person’s house ? Seems a touch harsh.

I am going to have some entertainment first I think, with some notices, then hopefully the SBC will take it.

Squidlord
    Free Member

thomthumb
    Free Member

a skip can carry a bin, but a bin can’t carry a skip.

or should that be ship?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Daft question – disposing of bins’ is closed to new replies.