Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 147 total)
  • Dacia Jogger
  • thebunk

Brand new 7 seater at £15k sounds interesting, trying to figure out if you can fit a bike in it. Anyone know anything about them?

Dacia Jogger interior

trail_rat
    Free Member

They are a bit low are they not.

The Dacia spring appears to have got under the radar…..

Looks like a useful version of Renault’s twizzy (and about as safe)
    …..but for 15k.

ta11pau1

Looks like you can’t remove the middle row of seats.

Was honestly expecting something pretty gopping, not led headlights and something not bad looking – the only option on the top of the range one is paint and a spare wheel, for £17k.

Will be interested to see how much the hybrid version is when it releases.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Aren’t they made of cheese though? Like a Renault only worse.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aren’t they made of cheese though? Like a Renault only worse.

The older ones were…. Don’t see many of them on the road either. Confirmation bias maybe but they were pretty horrific to be in and drive. I wanted to like it I really did the price was right but the petrol engine was chronically under powered for the size of car (Logan MPV) and the diesel at the time only availible in the top spec and at that point a whole host of better slightly used cars came into play. ….. The seats were uncomfy and I had to lie back or look through the sun visor…

But cars companies can change. The forums beloved Skoda was once a bag of shit. And VW once a bastion of quality and reliability is just as bad as the Rest now….

squirrelking
    Free Member

It’s a new version of the Logan, will be more interested to see what the engine options eventually look like as its just the 100hp option at the moment. From the Pistonheads Duster thread I reckon it could be pretty good.

As for Škoda and their ilk, my aunt had an Estelle in that orangey red colour. Didn’t know anyone else with a rear engined daily. My dad also had a Lada Riva, one of the most reliable cars he had.

That said, why do Škoda Rapid’s have two exhausts?

squirrelking
    Free Member

How does that compare to other quadricycles and the citroen ami?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh but no one cares about that because they are not cars… .
    Also….. Many folk happy to drive 10 year old cars that will be similar …. Remember 5 star today isn’t the same as 5 star 10 years ago it’s a progressive award.

Be safer than my land rover anyway

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

They get marked down a lot due to lack of electronic safety gizmos. Might not be a bad thing depending on what they are. Replacing a windscreen with a a camera in is pretty expensive.

andyrm
    Free Member

Looks pretty decent! On the video on the main website, looks like the 3rd row fold fairly flat, and on Autocar etc, it actually looks bigger than sone of the press shots make it appear.

Definitely interested to have a proper look at one in a dealer. What’s the etiquette around turning up with a big coil shocked enduro bike to “see how it fits”?!? 🤔 🤣🤣🤣

smokey_jo

You had to lay a 26er flat in the mk1 duster even with front wheel off and the new jogger looks like it has less height in the boot

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh meant to add…. In fairness to the kwid/jogger

The much loved and lauded on here current model Renault Zoe got zero stars.

The reports interesting reading…..it’s mostly pedestrian safety issues but interestingly it’s also only the third car in history to achieve zero stars…..

Re duster/jogger the duster did have a high boot floor for the running gear so possible with the lower roof it’s similar. It certainly doesn’t look high enough for a bike upright with wheels both in

Edukator
    Free Member

It’s the Lodgy replacement. The Lodgy wasn’t sold in the UK but popular on this side of the channel and very very popular in North Africa.

I bought a TCE 115 Lodgy new nearly 10 years ago and still have it. It hasn’t been used much for the last four as the Zoé covers most of our needs. For what it costs in insurance it’s handy to have around as a people/junk mover.

+ve
    Madame loves it, she chose it, it was in the top 10 lady’s cars when released. Visibility is good and it’s easy to place on the road.

It’s comfy to sleep in with a matress on top of boxes, bikes or whatever.

It’s great for skiing, very good in the snow and with the split rear seat it takes four people and a heap of snow boards/skis and baggage.

It’s reliable, one rear motor wiper replaced under guarantee because it wouldn’t stop.

Cheap to service and it’s Renault group so there are garages all over Europe. Our local dealer is excellent.

Econmical, only 1.2 tonnes, we’ve averaged 5.8l/100km

-ve

The front suspension is OK but the rear is painfully harsh, it’s the slowest thing over a speed bump if you value you spine. It leans quite a lot when pushed.

The seats are more comfortable than they look but offer no sideways support, drive smoothly or you pasengers will be hunting for the absent grab handles. 2000km in two days, no aches.

Grab handles arent the only thing absent, the trim is plasticky and spartan.

Safety features and air bags are minimalist.

Madame hates reversing it, it’s like reversing a barge, the bodywork bears the scars.

The Spring? Commuter car of the year IMHO.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Looks pretty decent opening to me

Reckon you will have to drop seatpost and front wheel tho and wheel in backward. Could fix a front axle clamp to boot floor.

Practical 7 seater that doesn’t look like a mobility van for 15k bargain

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I kept reading the thread title as Bianca Jagger and wondering if she has died.

Edukator
    Free Member

We have dropper posts and take the front wheels out of our 27.5 mtbs to get them in vertically. All of the rear seats in the Lodgy can be removed in about ten minutes which makes a huge load space if there are only two of us, I’d guess the Jogger will be the same.

FB-ATB

What’s the etiquette around turning up with a big coil shocked enduro bike to “see how it fits”?!?

Why not if that’s one of your criteria- just make sure it’s clean! One of the sales guys didn’t look happy when I tried my son’s wheelchair in the boot for size and a lump of mud dropped off it.

cookeaa

I have to say this thread has gotten me perusing the Dacia site…

The most annoying thing about the Jogger is that they don’t offer an auto gearbox option and they do for the Duster, a cheap petrol estate appeals for general family use and roadtrips (not an SUV fan). But an auto would be ideal meaning the missus could drive it and I wouldn’t have to change gears for myself like some sort of peasant (he says looking at a Dacia).

I think I’d like to see one ‘in the metal’, lined up next to a Duster (and maybe the previous Logan) just for comparison, it’s not so much the extra seats (but that would be a bonus) but luggage space and layout I’m interested in.

Hmmm…

Edukator
    Free Member

I took the rear seat out of a Zoé in the showroom of our local dealer to check our 2 MTBs would fit. The salesman was most amused, he/we found out that no specific tools were required to get the seat out, just anything resembling a screw driver to flip a couple of catches.

andyrm
    Free Member

I think Dacia could be seeing a lot of interest from mountain bikers with this one! Definitely looks promising, especially for those of us living in cities with CAZs that would make van of larger MPV ownership prohibitively expensive.

matchico
    Free Member

If you want to fit a bike in (or 2) without even removing a wheel, for that kind of price, look at second hand Citroen Berlingo or siblings (Peugeot rifter, Vauxhall combo life). They do a 7 seater as well but the seats in the 5 seater fold flat, so does the passenger seat from mid trim, giving you nearly a 3m long flat space which is plenty for bikes. It’s pretty good to drive too and safe.

thebunk

@matchico I’m so confused by the different Berlingo/Rifter/Combo models over the years. What year/models do I need? Is there a way I can have 3 bikes and 3 people in the car? That’s when a 7 seater seems best (and something we do quite frequently).

Found an interior view of the Jogger that shows there’s a lot of head room.

Interior view of a Dacia Jogger

matchico
    Free Member

Peugeot/Citroën were always siblings from day 1. The last generation is now also shared with Vauxhall combo (van) and combo life (passenger car) as well as Toyota (van only)! Only the last gen had the folding front passenger seat. Not sure about getting 3 person and 3 bikes in though. Will be a tight fit… You might need to look at bigger vans like transporter or similar

cookeaa

The “modular roof bars” look interesting but only come on the Comfort and Exclusive, not the Boggo version.

No mention of Towbar bike carriers (Again the Duster has one available as an accessory, not that I can find a price for it).

If I were buying a new economy people & Stuff mover I’d sort of want to tick the box for those extras rather than alloys or a fancier Infotainment system.

stanfree
    Free Member

I can get 3 bikes and 3 people in my 16 plate Peugot partner teepee. without taking any seats out . That said its easy to remove the seats as you just need to tilt them at a slight angle and lift out.
    They are great little motors sadly mine nneeds a new NOX sensor for the cat converter which isnt going to be cheap. They are also only £20 a year in road tax.

cookeaa

I can get 3 bikes and 3 people in my 16 plate Peugot partner teepee. without taking any seats out . That said its easy to remove the seats as you just need to tilt them at a slight angle and lift out.
    They are great little motors sadly mine nneeds a new NOX sensor for the cat converter which isnt going to be cheap. They are also only £20 a year in road tax.

Wonderful, but we’re talking about a new Dacia…

mikertroid
    Free Member

The Jogger has my interest…..I’ve spent a bit of time in Dacias in Afria and they seemed to be pretty durable.
    I reckon it’d be a cheap to run all-round surf/bike wagon until EVs are more affordable and practical.

I want to see one in the flesh first.

Looks like those modular roofbars aren’t T Track ones which is a little bit of a pain but no show stopper.

cookeaa

Looks like those modular roofbars aren’t T Track ones which is a little bit of a pain but no show stopper.

good point, I was maybe getting hung up on the fact that they’re clever, pivoty things rather than how practical they might be for bike carriers or a box, standard rails are probably an advantage.

A factory fit tow bar + electrics option would be nice IMO, but it’s certainly not a deal breaker.

mjsmke

Quite like it. Looks like a sensible shape and a reasonable price.

hodge1365

Think of it as an older Renault but up to date if you know what I mean, so relatively simple with tested kit in it for a good price and bear in mind no one makes truly bad cars any more as per the comment on Skoda (Estelle was truly terrible), an Octavia or Yeti is probably a great bike car….not forgetting a mark 3 Honda CRV would do everything the Dacia can do and be reliable and allow enough for that new E bike.

squirrelking
    Free Member

an Octavia or Yeti is probably a great bike car

A Roomster is bigger than a Yeti. Seriously.

jamesoz

Cheaper than joining the two into one collector?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Peugeot/Citroën were always siblings from day 1. The last generation is now also shared with Vauxhall combo (van) and combo life (passenger car) as well as Toyota (van only)! Only the last gen had the folding front passenger seat. Not sure about getting 3 person and 3 bikes in though. Will be a tight fit… You might need to look at bigger vans like transporter or similar

A friend and occasional forumite used to do it in his, but it requires a bit of disassembly (wheels out, stack the frames where the 60% seat would be and then wedge wheels around it/the remaining boot). There’s a lot of height in a Berlingo and the hatchback is vertical so there’s a lot more room than even a modern estate. Great for trips, probably not something you’d want to do daily to local-ish trails. 2+2 people+bikes is their optimum.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Cheaper than joining the two into one collector?

Worst punchline ever.

Gary_C

They are also only £20 a year in road tax

That’s £20 that you’re being conned out of. ‘Road Tax’ doesn’t exist.

trail_rat
    Free Member

That’s £20 that you’re being conned out of. ‘Road Tax’ doesn’t exist.

That’s a funny punch line when your talking to non cyclists….

It doesn’t quite have the same effect here.

Edukator
    Free Member

Peugeot/Citroën were always siblings from day 1

I suggest reading the respective histories.

Regarding Dacia reliablity, it’s model dependant. The less loaded they are the more reliable. Many now have Renault drive trains as the Dacia ones had to be phased out as they couldn’t get through Euro 6. If you want a reliable car get the base model non-turbo 3 cylinder Sandero.

johnnystorm

@edukator
    I think the context was that the Peugeot/Citroën versions of the Berlingo platform were always the same but the Vauxhall version is a recent edition…

Peugeot/Citroën were always siblings from day 1. The last generation is now also shared with Vauxhall combo

chrispoffer

Many now have Renault drive trains as the Dacia ones had to be phased out as they couldn’t get through Euro 6.

‘Modern’ Dacias (ie since the brand was relaunched in the UK) have always had Groupe Renault drive trains. Usually Clio engines / gearboxes.

The new Sandero is a really impressive little car, I was looking for something new for my Mum and if it had been a bit smaller we would have got one for her – ended up with an Aygo instead.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.