Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cyprus. Riding ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

Road and mountain….. Any good ?????

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There’s some trails up in the Troodos Mountains, dunno much about any of them but we saw a bunch of riders on Marin full sussers up there & a van with some writing on about guided rides if thats any help. 🙄

The roads up there seem good for road work too, (the Ben Nevis cafe at the top is actually higher than Ben Nevis itself)
    There’s a footpath around Mount Olympus that we walked & I reckon would be ace on a bike but I dunno if it’s allowed.

the_lecht_rocks

Thanks. It seems a definite proposition with just a short flight from the UAE….

jono84
    Free Member

Try paul at 100% swimming cyprus if he can’t help he’ll definitely be able to put you on to someone who does

stoddys
    Free Member

Hi
    I live in paphos, there is plenty of both here!
    If you enjoy climbing there are some nice road rides. The mountain has a lot of stones ( had snake bike punctures till I went tubeless) not much single track. But great views. I prefer off road. Cycling here has picked up in the last couple of years. Google earth is were I get my ideas from. But have a look here.

http://www.wikiloc.com/trails/outdoor/cyprus

Stoddy

the_lecht_rocks

Stoddy, magic. I could get in touch once we are planning on visiting for more info …..

stoddys
    Free Member

Sure. I’m only mountain now sold the road bike. There is a big event around March time. Google sunshine cup Cyprus.
    All the best with your plans. Avoid July and August not as bad as we’re you are but humidity I the 80’s and above. To hot even in the troodos.

the_lecht_rocks

I’ll be arriving from Qatar !

stoddys
    Free Member

It will be cold any time of year here then.!

the_lecht_rocks

I doubt it, just a relieving temp methinks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cyprus. Riding ?’ is closed to new replies.