Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 214 total)
  • Cyclist Vigilante interviewed on jeremy vine just now..
  • dereknightrider
    Free Member

Perspective chaps, lets keep a little, you’re snivelling cyclist snitches ratting out a few poor motorists, who heaven help us don’t have enough agro already in their daily lives being the cash cow they are to the state.

Personally in my time I’ve been the ‘have a go hero’ I believe the term was when we were being encouraged in that direction, got a black eye and lost a contact lenses for my trouble helping a Taxi driver who was being assailed by local language students of arabic appearance, I’ve pulled folk out of the channel, saved kids who have fallen down cliffs, gone to assist with first aid at car crashes before the medics arrive and assorted other examples of good samaritan action that I would reason anyone else would have done in similar circumstances, certainly anyone from my generation.

No I wouldn’t help the police under any circumstance these days other than rape and or murder if I were in a position so to do. The police have lost all my respect years ago, now that maybe because of governmental box ticking, but all I see are soft target acquiring cowards who shrink from any serious issues unless they have NCA backing.

And the more of you that follow our friend down the ratting out route, the more I’m likely to join any appeals to have commuter cyclists number plated up, what’s grease for the goose…

PS I thoroughly enjoyed Dennis Skinners interview and take on things, a shame there are not more conviction politicians like him, but then he’s from my era. I may not agree with everything indeed not much of what he says but I applaud his ability to say it and the fast disappearing culture of its tolerance.

nemesis
    Free Member

They’re (well we, really – cyclists are statistically more likely to be drivers than non-cyclist) not a cash cow. We get a net subsidy to drive compared to the taxes we pay to do so.

Some more troll points though for getting “arabic” in there.

poah
    Free Member

at what level of crime do you change to being a snitch? if you witness a rape, a mugging, a murder ok but anything on the road is off limits? seems my moral compass is way off.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

poah – Member
    at what level of crime do you change to being a snitch?

That assumes you believe traffic offences are a crime, clearly lots of you do, in my day they were misdemeanours I believe it is the yanks call them.

lemonysam
    Free Member

That assumes you believe traffic offences are a crime, clearly lots of you do, in my day they were misdemeanours I believe it is the yanks call them.

You don’t know what a misdemeanour is, do you?

nemesis
    Free Member

Even if they can have the same impact/outcome as murder which is ok to report on (or presumably it’d be ok to snitch on attempted murder)

Is manslaughter ok to snitch on?

tomhoward

No I wouldn’t help the police under any circumstance these days other than rape and or murder if I were in a position so to do.

What about perverting the course of justice? Or is that just a misdemeanour too? 😆

dereknightrider
    Free Member

lemonysam – Member
    You don’t know what a misdemeanour is, do you?

Well it’s not a felony and traffic offences are not a crime in my eyes, when did that change, they’re dealt with in the criminal courts now then?

dereknightrider
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member

What about perverting the course of justice?

I dunno can you film it on a go pro then?

stevied
    Free Member

No I wouldn’t help the police under any circumstance these days other than rape and or murder if I were in a position so to do. The police have lost all my respect years ago

So, based on how you think things should be done..if anything less than rape and/or murder happened to you, you wouldn’t like anyone with information to come forward with information the police may find useful in apprehending the culprits?
    Fair enough.. 🙄

nemesis
    Free Member

Some are, some aren’t. As I understand it some are criminal (speeding) but not recordable.

Go figure that out…

wwaswas

traffic offences are not a crime in my eyes

Killing someone with a car is a traffic offence.

Seems a bit liberal to just let people off?

nemesis
    Free Member

stevied, I refer you to my previous post

nemesis – Member
    The simple answer is ‘when it affects me’.

It usually is

dereknightrider
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    traffic offences are not a crime in my eyes

Killing someone with a car is a traffic offence.

Seems a bit liberal to just let people off?

Not your job dude, that’s what the police are there for and the justice system, they don’t need lycra clad roadie movie directing snitches once someone’s dead, how about they died because somebodies attention was misdirected to the triple camera wielding weirdo on the bike glowering menacingly at them?

cynic-al
    Free Member

So if I assault your wife/sister/child you wont tell on me Derek?

tomhoward

Al, just do it with a car, it’s not a crime then.

wwaswas

Not your job dude

but you’re saying it should be non-ones job as it’s not a crime to kill someone with a car?

imnotverygood

Well, dellboy, I think it is interesting that when several people accuse you of being a troll you deny it. But when they accuse you of being an idiot, you say nothing….

njee20
    Free Member

So, based on how you think things should be done..if anything less than rape and/or murder happened to you, you wouldn’t like anyone with information to come forward with information the police may find useful in apprehending the culprits?

Bit wrong that I hope that gets put to the test?

You must be a huge fan of domestic violence Derek? Behind closed doors, so unless someone “snitches” they get away with it. I presume you beat your partner?

aracer
    Free Member

Oh come on chaps, how much more obvious could he make it.

Try and be a bit more subtle, derek – I had a good laugh at that, but you won’t keep it going if you get that extreme.

Though I do wonder about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

dereknightrider
    Free Member

I think of the term troll for those faceless idiots that abuse the feeble minded on Facebook and the like, maybe the term needs expanding, but either way i could now level the same term to some of you that are now clearly attempting to get a rise from me presumably for entertainment so as that is supposed to be against the rules here, lets stop.

Lets stop with that universal end to internet discussion and apply Godwins Law, would Hitler appreciate you and your Hero’s action or not.

There you have your answer and I believe the result of the debate.

You lose.

njee20
    Free Member

W…T…F?

I actually have no idea what you mean.

Hitler? Are you now condoning the holocaust?

aracer
    Free Member

Incorrect use of the word troll – they’re abusers.

Lets stop with that universal end to internet discussion and apply Godwins Law, would Hitler appreciate you and your Hero’s action or not.
    There you have your answer and I believe the result of the debate.
    You lose.

You appear to have misunderstood Godwin
    “whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress”
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Though on this occasion the proof wasn’t really necessary.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    W…T…F?

I actually have no idea what you mean.

You lost dude, it’s over, step away from the keyboard and go chuck the camera in a bin.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

aracer, dry your eyes now, it’s just the internet, you lost a debate that’s all, move on there’ll be another tomorrow.

njee20
    Free Member

You lost dude, it’s over, step away from the keyboard and go chuck the camera in a bin.

Says who? Have you got a child to beat up behind closed doors?

tomhoward

Does this mean we can close the thread and have done with it?

aracer
    Free Member

Sorry I can’t – laughing too much. You do know I have a hernia which hurts when I laugh too much? Have you not checked my link for the quote I gave from it yet though, or is it that you’ve not worked out who mentioned the Nazis?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Perspective chaps, lets keep a little, you’re snivelling cyclist snitches ratting out a few poor motorists, who heaven help us don’t have enough agro already in their daily lives being the cash cow they are to the state.

You’re not compelled to drive. As I’ve said, if you’re in two tonnes of steel and you endanger my life then I’d argue that the coward isn’t me.

I’m a cyclist AND a motorist. I’ve done stupid things on two wheels and four, I’m also aware that if I do stupid stuff in the latter then people other than myself are more likely to be hurt.

My driving license is a privilege I’ve earned because I’ve demonstrated I’ve learned the rules and have kept for 23 years because I’ve demonstrated I’ve understood the rules.

nemesis
    Free Member

Misinterpreting Godwin’s and claiming the win. Fantastic. Either a trolling masterstroke or muppetry personified. Brightened up my day (I was busy bedwetting earlier apparently).

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m reporting this thread for misuse of Godwin’s.

wwaswas

have kept for 23 years because I’ve demonstrated I’ve understood the rules.

I’ve kept mine for 30 years. I must admit on occasion more because I’ve got away with it than because I’ve stuck to the rules.

stevied
    Free Member

So, if you will entertain one more reply to a question?

Picture yourself, on holiday. You’re using your camera to video a panoramic view when, out of nowhere, a mean person attacks an old lady (or gentleman if you prefer) by punching them in the face repeatedly. You have a perfect picture of the assailant on your camera..
    Do you:
    A: Help the police with there inquiries
    B: Tell the police to FO when they ask for witnesses (as you have lost all respect for them)
    C: just carry on with your holiday

aracer
    Free Member

Personally I’d give the picture to the Gestapo.

nemesis
    Free Member

D: Beat up the old lady too since it was probably her fault and she probably wets the bed and the Nazis will win otherwise. Then show the picture to your wife and beat her up for looking.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Personally I’d give the picture to the Gestapo.

😆

nemesis
    Free Member

And would they report it to the police or have they lost respect for them too?

nemesis
    Free Member

It’s 13 now.

dereknightrider
    Free Member

stevied – Member
    So, if you will entertain one more reply to a question?

Picture yourself, on holiday. You’re using your camera to video a panoramic view when, out of nowhere, a mean person attacks an old lady (or gentleman if you prefer) by punching them in the face repeatedly. You have a perfect picture of the assailant on your camera..
    Do you:
    A: Help the police with there inquiries
    B: Tell the police to FO when they ask for witnesses (as you have lost all respect for them)
    C: just carry on with your holiday

Honestly haven’t you got some ‘what Tyre for ratting out’ thread to discuss this on, I’m not a roadie, I’m a mountain bike rider this is supposed to be a mountain bike forum where bikers use their cameras for fun and sharing the stoke of the ride, I shouldn’t have to be lecturing bed wetting window licking roadies on the difference between crime and road traffic offences.

It’s done, I won you all lost, you’re all bad people nobody likes you everyone hates you except maybe Hitler or Putin.

nemesis
    Free Member

Derek, take your own graciously given advice: You lost dude, it’s over, step away from the keyboard

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist Vigilante interviewed on jeremy vine just now..’ is closed to new replies.