Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cyclist stabbed in the neck
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

mental!

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/186505-cyclist-stabbed-in-the-neck-in-murder-attempt-following-argument/

A cyclist was stabbed in the neck by an attacker who attempted to murder him after they got into an argument.

The 41-year-old victim was cycling in Renfrewshire when he stopped to speak to a man. They got into a confrontation resulting in the attack in Paisley’s Lomond Gardens.

Strathclyde Police said the victim managed to call emergency services after the attack at 12.30pm on Monday.

Detective Constable Gordon Smith, from Paisley CID, said: “Lomond Gardens is a residential street and I am very keen to speak to anyone who may have seen or heard an argument on their street around 12.30pm on Monday.

“The man was wearing a distinctive white tracksuit and I would also ask anyone who saw a man matching his description in Lomond Gardens or Willow Avenue or the surrounding area to contact me at Paisley Police Office.”

The victim is being treated at the Royal Alexandra Hospital for neck and abdominal injuries.

His attacker ran off in the direction of Willow Avenue after the attempted murder. He is described as being in his 20s, well built with short red hair and at the time of the assault he was wearing a white tracksuit.

Anyone with information should call 0141 532 5900.

El-bent
    Free Member

with short red hair

Well that narrows it down. 😉

dirtdiggler
    Free Member

Its paisley, to be expected. West coast violence happens on a daily basis, if its not old firm bigots its generally Glasgow gangsta types, scumbags one and all.

althepal

Hmm. Seems a bit random that he just stopped to talk to the man for no reason..

seosamh77
    Free Member

Hmm. Seems a bit random that he just stopped to talk to the man for no reason..

aye, it is odd, when ever anything like this happens, I generally put it down to an unpaid tick bill!

althepal

Lol

grtdkad

man was wearing a distinctive white tracksuit

Surely the first port of call should be the local harriers / athletics club? Police eh!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Stabbings do seem to be somewhat commonplace in paisley.

althepal

Not just in Paisley!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist stabbed in the neck’ is closed to new replies.