Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • cycling majorca/mallorca – where to stay…
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

my (slightly bashed up after an off at parkwood) girlfriend and i are thinking of a week road biking on Mallorca, in April.

any recommendations for places to stay/hotels/bnb’s? – for easy access to a nice mix of roads (flat, not so flat, not so hilly, hilly, etc.)

ta!

kcr
    Free Member

The north west of the island (Pollenca, Port de Pollenca) is most popular amongst cyclists. From here you can ride straight into the mountains or alternatively explore nice rolling roads through the villages in the interior of the island.

geoffj

Apart Hotel Duva on the edge of Port de Pollenca is a great place to stay.

http://duva-pollensa.com/?i=ing

A lot of folk stay at the Pollensa Park hotel, but it reminds me too much of Leith’s Banana Flats.

PP and Pollenca itself are MUCH nicer than Alcudia IMHO.

Have fun – April is nice.

mudshark
    Free Member

My club go every year, they stay in the PUERTO AZUL HOTEL.

http://puertopollensa.com/

tomaso
    Free Member

Not stayed here but visited and ate in the cafeteria and it looked like a nice spot up in the mountains above Porta Pollenca.

Lluc monestry

LardLover
    Free Member

4 of us Geordies going 21st April, might see you there? Look our for a dark lean cycling machine (not me, that’ll be Mark) a short Mark Cavendish like chap, a tall white (hopefully going on red – tanning nicely) – that’ll be me and another guy I haven’t met (Mark’s mate).

We’re staying in Puerto Pollensa. I think you’ll find most of the hotels in the area are bike friendly.

Are you taking bikes with or hiring whilst there? We’re hiring from Pro Cycle Hire in PP.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Stayed in the Azul this year because that’s where the club had booked. Never ever again. Beds uncomfy, walls so thin you can hear people talking, minging mass produced buffet food.

The duva looked a lot better.

nickc

Out of season, I’d be looking at villas around Pollensa, place is crammed full of them, they mostly have pools, and bike storage and fettling is less of an issue.

jet26
    Free Member

Any good tips for feb? Thinking of going and duva seems closed…..

geoffj

Thinking of going and duva seems closed…..

I’d try Hotel Daina as a backup – http://www.hoposa.es/English/Hotels/Hotel-Daina-Puerto-Pollensa

Decent rates through Alpharooms usually.

LardLover
    Free Member

That’s where we’re staying geoffj. We got a cracking deal, 5 nights half board for £130 odd quid (don’t know exact cost because my mate booked it, but we got hotel, flights and car hire for £210 each).

jet26
    Free Member

Any more suggestions? Daina showing as full – looking to go feb 2nd – 9th.

Mackem

Rent a flat. I rented fot the whole of February in Puerto Pollensa for about 300 quid. (about 10 years ago)

out of season so could find a bargain…

http://www.puertopollensa.com/rentals/

plop_pants
    Free Member

Uyal. Sister hotel to the Daina. Been there a couple of times now and like it. It has a bike garage too. It’s a short stroll for Tolo’s restaurant/bar, a regular british cyclist haunt. He has a big tele at the back with Eurosport. There are also rides from there every morning.

LardLover
    Free Member

Ooh, we stayed at the Uyal too, in 2011. Lovely place, would definitely book there again if going back with the family. I hired a bike that year on our family holiday and went out a couple of times with the guys from Pro Cycle Hire. Kept the bike in their lock-up garage (after getting wrong for keeping it on the balcony).

If you can get in the Uyal then book it, it is very nice. A short walk along the promenade to the centre of town but worth it.

tc3nitro
    Free Member

I visit Mallorca 3-4 times per year, always stay in the N/E section of the island.
    I have never stayed in hotels but i can highly recommend Villaplus.

PP is a perfect location for cyclists the hills to the N/W towards Lluc are awesome and views are simply stunning.

Blackhound

Hotel SisPins is nice in PP, right on sea front with a balcony for a little extra.

Close to the bike hire place as well mentioned further above.

Went in 2011 in mid March and not a lot open as still early season.

Loads of hilly and flat rides near by.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘cycling majorca/mallorca – where to stay…’ is closed to new replies.