Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cycle to Work Scheme – Show me what you got!
  • timc
    Free Member

Mine is coming up in 3 weeks, Who has done it & what did you get? Not sure what to get really, I have £1k budget! 😥

stanfree
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&partNumber=956490&langId=-1&source=td

I got one of these and really happy with it allthough to be honest I wish now I had wen for the one above which was around £999 although Halfords had 20 % of GT's recently. The only modifications Ive done are dmr v8 pedals and lizard skin lock on's.

SBrock
    Free Member

I got some nice upgrades for my Heckler….. Some bling Hope M4 brakes and a Fox Van R Coil shock!

fotorat
    Free Member

shop around for a good deal, the first year I did it I could only use Halfords and they got me a Cannondale F3, which was delivered from leisure lakes. and for the 150 of accesories I brought a hardtail for my daughter!

Last year though i could spend it at any cycle scheme shop in town and visited 5 bike shops to see what they would do, 4 shops offered me nothing, ie no deal, 5th shop I went to let me have a Specialized Epic Expert!!! RRP 2500, for a 1K voucher! yes it was last years bike but who cares!!

So before you waste it on a 1K RRP bike give these guys a call

Total Bike
    Commercial Road
    Swindon
    01793 644 185

Now can anyone beat this:

the thing to do is waltz into bike shop waft the letter under thier noses and ask them to make your day! if they dont start licking your shoes, just walk away, its thier loss!

Any yes thats a 2.5K with 2bliss tires and dt swiss rims, so it cost me another 70 for the dt swiss tubless kit!

grim168
    Free Member

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/2010/crush/

cheers gordon. hopefully taking it up rivi this week for maiden ride.

druidh
    Free Member

the thing to do is waltz into bike shop waft the letter under thier noses and ask them to make your day! if they dont start licking your shoes, just walk away, its thier loss!

Yeah – good luck with that. Given that Cyclescheme take a big cut of the dealer margin, there's little incentive to cut any sort of a deal.

miketually
    Free Member

People buying expensive forks and wheels is what'll get the scheme scrapped.

fotorat
    Free Member

so what kind of discount is a 2500 bike for 1000 then? you just havent been to Total bike yet, they always over 200 bikes crammed into a tiny shop and no website, the owner also runs the UK import buisness for Rudy Project and is only interested in flogging Pinarellos and Tarmacs, this is why he can afford to give away mountiain bikes away at cost

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

onion – Premier Member
    Yeah – good luck with that. Given that Cyclescheme take a big cut of the dealer margin, there's little incentive to cut any sort of a deal.

don't ask you don't get.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Bought this and while I liked it I found I preferred to MTB in the evenings rather than ride to work, so swapped it for a Ti mountain bike frame.

Bregante

Dibbs
    Free Member

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Militant_biker

Bionicon Ironwood – great for dealing with the potholes on my ride to work.

(it does fall outside of the £1000 budget however… 😉 )

pennine
    Free Member

In keeping with the scheme – it only goes to work and back

My Orange 5 deals with the rest 🙂

936ADL
    Free Member

I got this a couple of years ago.

grumm
    Free Member

Not much of the original spec left though I have just realised 😯

And yes I have ridden it to work! Although it mainly allowed me to buy a s/h road bike that I usually commute on.

Roman
    Free Member

I didn't want to go for the full amount, still have to pay for it at the end of the day. So I got one of these:

Had it for just over 5 months, really pleased with it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to Work Scheme – Show me what you got!’ is closed to new replies.