Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • cycle computer for new road bike – recomendations please ?
  • iainc

My Jake the Snake has been my road bike for last 4 yrs, but with a new Giant Defy on the way I am looking at a new computer thingy to go on it. I have a basic Cateye wireless one on the Jake and will leave it there.

So what would you recomend as a new purchase ? I could just about stretch to an Edge 500 and I like the idea of not strapping a big ugly black sensor to shiny white carbon forks.

No fussed about maps or downloading data, but would like basic functions. I do already have a Polar HRM so don’t really need that side of it but if going for Edge 500 would probably get cadence and HR bundle on the Halfords deal. What else is out there, ideally sub £150 ?

Thanks

belugabob
    Free Member

How about one of these?

I got the non-pro version for Christmas (I wasn’t worried about the HRM & cadence readings, so this suits me) and have found it to be fine so far.

The review on Bikeradar is very favourable.

If you don’t want the mapping facilities, this is quite a bit cheaper than the Garmin + HRM/Cadence package.

iainc

bob – that one looks interesting, cheers

rootes1

i have an edge 500 – works ace especially with speed/cadence sensor

also it has a useful course function – used that to follow a course for Lejog

mattsccm
    Free Member

Now I was going to recommend the Cateye wireless Velo but you have one. Can’t see the need for more unless you want cadence or GPS

iainc

thanks all

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘cycle computer for new road bike – recomendations please ?’ is closed to new replies.