Home Forums Bike Forum Cycle clothing for a wedge shaped torso

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cycle clothing for a wedge shaped torso
    mjsmke

Mostly for road and gravel so want a snug fit and struggling with finding something that fits.

Tops are either too tight on the shoulders and chest or far too loose and long at the waist.

Im 5ft 4, 36 inch chest, 27 inch waist. DHB fit was good, mostly due to the high stretch. Castelli for example is way to tight on the shoulders and arms unless I go up 2 sizes and have it far too long and baggy at the waist.

So, what jerseys have a high amaount of stretch?

james-rennie

OP earlier today 😉 Screenshot_2024-07-03-21-17-23-33_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619

mjsmke

Im only 59kg. Lol.

skink2020

You are exactly the same as me(my waist is 28 mind).

Rapha stuff fits me best. Size small for everything except the pro team stuff which, for some reason, I need a medium.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Sorry, can’t help, my wedge shape these days goes the opposite way with a wide waist! :eek:

ayjaydoubleyou

I clicked on the thread just to find out if he was a Johnny Bravo or Homer Simpson wedge shape.

pacman404
    Free Member

64kg, 5’7″ 29″ waist, wedge shape here

Rapha ProTeam long sleeved mesh base layer fits perfectly

Could be worth having a look at clothing aimed at climbers as well; some of it can be generic and boxy but the better brands do technical stuff designed specifically for folk who are inverted triangle wedge shaped. The tops don’t have drooped rears but are usually plenty long in the body so they don’t lift out of harness when stretching arms overhead. Apart from that Rapha top I mentioned I pretty much always use old climbing tops on the bike and they’re all great.

bails

I’ve got some Pearl Izumi Attack jerseys which fit me really well. (6ft, 70kg, 38 chest, 30-32 waist)

susepic

#humblebrag ?

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

TICCC make Unisex jerseys that are much more stretchy and figure hugging than anything I’ve tried from Kalf, Rapha or DHB. I’m 6’1″ 77kg 31″ waist and 39″ chest, a medium is a close fit on me. Rear pockets are good only downside is the valuables pocket is an envelope style and doesn’t have a zipper.

https://tic-cc.com/product-category/short-sleeve-cycling-jerseys/

Keva
    Free Member

weird, I’m 5’4″, must be 36ins chest with 30ins waist and weigh 60kg.

I find anything in small fits me pretty much perfectly. I bought a Castelli top a few months back, it’s lovely.

I suggest putting an extra 3in on your skinny little waist to solve the problem.

mjsmke

Does anyone have experience with endura clothing? They look more wedge shaped with a smaller waist.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m a bit wedgie and have found Etxeondo jackets fit well (and not Rapha… bit surprised at that recommendation)

chiefgrooveguru

“Does anyone have experience with endura clothing? They look more wedge shaped with a smaller waist.”

My experience is that everything is all over the place, but the more roadie/xc, the less shoulder/back/chest/arm room vs waist size. Climbing/mountaineering stuff is a better shape for for me with about a 10″ difference waist to chest.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.