• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Pyro.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CyB Tearoom – Dolfrwynog?
  • Pyro

Anyone know if the tearoom near Capel Hermon car park at Coed y Brenin is still open? Think it was called Dolfrwynog, I know it was up for sale a while back but I’m having a bugger of a job finding any recent info on it. I’m headed to CyB with a group this weekend and planning to stop there if it’s still going, but I don’t want to get the groups hopes up if it isn’t!

northerntom
    Free Member

I was at CYB over Xmas, if the one halfway around the beast is what you’re talking about, it was closed when I went past. However, it still looked open for business, just closed that day.

Pyro

That’s the one, cheers. Hope the new owners kept it trading, it was lovely last time I was there but that was a few years back!

Hoping it’ll be open on Saturday, we’re doing a bit of a mix of the trails on that side and it’ll come just before the ‘orrible climb to the top of the Addams Family.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The new (the couple that took it over about 3 years back now?) owners were still very much in business last time I went. I think they’re both riders too – we caught him coming in from his morning thrash around the local cheeky stuff!

carlos
    Free Member

it’ll come just before the ‘orrible climb to the top of the Addams Family.

Don’t bother with the climb, its a drag for a long forest road descent. Stick on the tarmac after the cafe instead of bearing right up a track at marker 118. Keep on the tarmac and take the second forest track on the right (iirc there is a bar type forest gate across it). Head up the forest track for about 200m and Gomez will be on your left.

Carlos

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

What Carlos said is what we normally do. Although the aforementioned cafe owner pointed out another short cut but misses out the equally horrible drag up the road. Follow the waymarkers right onto the gravel road but after about 200m where the house (usually with a big horsebox parked up?) is on the right, hairpin back left there. Nice gentle traverse up the hill which pops out at the turn off to the top of the Addams family.

Pyro

Cheers gents, that was the plan. I know the drag right out to the far end of the route isn’t worth it so just heading up the tarmac to Gomez was on the cards. It’s still an ‘orrible climb!

Pyro

Was closed last Saturday (in case anyone else is going to CyB and wondering!)

Looks like they’re having some building work done, so may not be open for a while.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CyB Tearoom – Dolfrwynog?’ is closed to new replies.