Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • CYB alternatives
  • jkomo

Staying in Dolgellau on Sunday night to ride CYB Sunday, but a lot is closed.
    So after playing around in the skills park and sessioning a few bits at CYB, where can we go nearby?
    So far Machynlleth is top of the list.

Northwind

Antur Stiniog? Marin Trail isn’t so far away, not everyone’s cup of tea though

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Penmachno & Marin trail.

Penmachno is ace, but be prepared to get extraordinarily wet – and be sure to add on loop 2.

BigJohn

BYC

martinhutch

Mach trails are closish, NYA if you’re prepared to drive a little further.

Any idea on when they think they’ll be able to clear CYB?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Nant yr Arian and climachx.. NYA is really fun and great to see all the red kites

flatfish
    Free Member

Ranger at CYB told me it’d be about 3 month until all the blowdown has been removed as it’s all valuable timber so they can’t just saw gaps to allow the trails through.

Northwind

That’s no good 🙁 Supposed to be doing the Beast again in April. Tarw seems to be open, another opinion divider but I liked it.

martinhutch

3 months? 🙁

bigmick25
    Free Member

Ranger at CYB told me it’d be about 3 month until all the blowdown has been removed as it’s all valuable timber so they can’t just saw gaps to allow the trails through.

Just seen a piece on facebook from Andy (MTB Ranger) says best estimate is now 3-4 weeks so here’s hoping.

tomaso
    Free Member

Cader Idris for some classic old school mountain biking? There is a loop in the current Singletrack mag.
    Other stuff available if riding from Mac that takes you out over the moors and into forests.

jkomo

What about some big open trails with epic scenery?
    Marin trail? I know it’s a few miles further but it looks ace.

SimonR

Hello. Anyone know whether the marin trail is fully open at the moment?
    Thanks.
    Simon.

benman
    Free Member

Pont Scethin loop? Can be ridden from Dolgellau if your keen. Otherwise pop down the estuary and ride it from Barmouth (clockwise!)

jonostevens
    Free Member

I rode the Marin this time last week as CYB was closed. There are several trees on the trail, but all were passable.

Must say I did find the Marin involves a lot of fire road climbing for not much fun in return, but then I am from Essex. Final descent is ace.

Penmachno had three diversions in place IIRC.

Do a Facebook search for Penmachno and Marin Trail, there are pages on there that update trail conditions etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘CYB alternatives’ is closed to new replies.