Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • CX shifting problems – help needed
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi crew,
    First cross race today and didn’t check my bike out till last night as I have been using the Mtb flat out and it was taking 2 clicks (shifts ) for a gear to change. Played around with it for a bit but could only get it to work 1 way, shift up smooth or down smooth not both.
    Got to the race and the chain snapped in the car park so put some joining links in to still ride but was just a mess so had to pull out after 20 mins when it all got tangled up.
    I’m about to order some new parts but what do I need ? I’ll get a chain and new gear cable but I don’t know how to tell if my ultegra derailleur needs replacing? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Shaun

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sounds like set up issue. Impossible to say without seeing it – no lbs to fix it?

Mech is straight?

simondbarnes

Bent hanger?

shaungero
    Free Member

Do have a good lbs just down the road but I do love messing with these things. Hanger looks ok but could be out if this is happening. I should add a new hanger to my shopping list as well. I would also like some recommendations for what gear cable ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ah…rear…prob mech wear or cable contamination.

If the hanger looks straight, it generally is.

I don’t bother with fancy cables.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Clarks ones are fine

shaungero
    Free Member

Good call on the cable that’s a bonus, with the rear mech should I just buy a £25 shimano 105 or try the other parts first.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘CX shifting problems – help needed’ is closed to new replies.