Cut Gate Conditions

Home Forum Bike Forum Cut Gate Conditions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cut Gate Conditions
  • Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

I haven’t done Cut Gate, but everywhere else around it is incredible at the moment. I can’t see why it would be any different.
    Probably the best it’ll be all year!

steel4real

Do it – went last Tuesday evening and it was very dry, just a splash here and there on the worst bit. N.America was a bit damp.
    It hasn’t rained since then so it’s going to be almost completely dry 🙂

andeh

Yep, was up on Tuesday (having never done it before) and it was running saweeet. A few puddles at the top, but nothing too bad. The bogs were drying out nicely too.

It’s a bit of a bugger of a climb though, I tagged it onto my Ladybower loop (ended up about 40 miles 😯 ) and it really took it out of me. I think the constant small rocks and embedded boulders got the better of me on the hardtail, climbing back up 🙁

Incidentally, which is the better fork to take down to Langsett? I went right (east?) and came back up the other.

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

Cheers chaps, that could be decision made!

andeh – Member
    Incidentally, which is the better fork to take down to Langsett? I went right (east?) and came back up the other.

The one time I’ve been before I went right as per the guide book I was following.

banks

Don’t straight down towards the bottom on the woods where the bride crosses the river, not near the damn bcos It’s a full on flat out dh with little rocks to pop off then straight into the rocky wide bends.

Oh and conditions are incredible – my advice – do it twice, three times or more dont bother with other ladybower stuff

Premier Icon Baldysquirt
    Subscriber

I used to go that way round, but now prefer descend and climb back on the left hand side heading towards Langsett. It’s nice and fast and rocky with a superb finish down to the bridge at the bottom (well beyond North America, but definitely worth it). It’s also a more manageable climb back up again.

banks

*didn’t mean to say don’t meant do. The fork right towards the damn isn’t as good as a dh

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

Apologies as this get asked a lot but has anyone been up recently?

I know it’s often bad hence the question and the reason I’ve only done it once but my mate has never done it and said he fancies it on Sunday.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cut Gate Conditions’ is closed to new replies.