Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Custom Decals – Recommendation
  • gribble
    Free Member

Howdy,

I have a very middle class ‘problem’.

I have just got a set of 2011 Sektor forks. Now call me particular, but they have red stickers on the bottom, which is not going to go well with a silver frame with lime/apple green flashes of colour.

I did ask CRC specifically if they had red on them, to which they replied they were the same decals as the ones shown in ‘the picture’. ‘The picture’ was of a 2012 fork with silver/black decals. I am not here to slate them as I think generally they have been a great company to deal with and offer great prices.

You can buy decals online easily, and to be honest I am not sure if it is worth even speaking to CRC as it is hardly a big deal (as long as he forks work, it is just a sticker after all etc), but I can ether:

remove the offending red logos and go stealth
    replace with a new set of standard 2012 silver decals
    get custom ones with flashes of the snot green colour on my frame

Has anyone had customer decals made and if so any recommendations? Are stickers easy to remove from forks?

Superficial
    Free Member

Some places do ready-made sticker sets for various forks. This company springs to mind (http://www.slikgraphics.com/collections/fork-decals-rockshox) although they don’t have any Sektor decals and I’ve never used their products so I can’t recommend them. I guess some custom stickers with snow green would look pretty cool.

I’d fire off an email to CRC – you never know what they will say. Giving you £10 to spend on custom stickers is cheaper than paying for a refund / delivery etc.

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks both for the rapid replies.

One option is to be less of an interior designer about it and just get the decal from petra cycles or even leave it blank. If I want to ‘bling up’ the bike I can always get bile green grips to match – either way the more flashy bits I have, the higher the expectation will be for me to actually ride well.

Ask my wife: high expectation + me = dissapointment

timbur
    Free Member

gil on here does great decals.
    He did some for me and I was well pleased with them.
    gil@thecycleshed.co.uk

damitamit
    Free Member

If you can do the graphics work yourself, you could get James at casement to print them. Good price and quick turnaround.

http://casementsigns.co.uk/

Got my decals for my chinese special done by him.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Custom Decals – Recommendation’ is closed to new replies.