Home Forums Bike Forum Custom Build Nukeproof Mega

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Custom Build Nukeproof Mega
  • benjamin_mtb
    Free Member

I bought a Nukeproof Mega 290 Carbon frame a while back for £700 do you think it would be worth building it up or would I be better selling it on and buying something else as I’m just a bit worried about the issues with spare parts in the future ?

But I suppose I got the frame cheap enough that if something goes wrong with the frame it’s not the end of the world.

What are your opinions on this build it up and shred it or sell the frame on?

dirkpitt74

Build it up, there looks to be spares trickling through on the CRC/Evans sites.

Give it a bolt check every couple of weeks and you should be ok.

dyna-ti

Build it up. But take your time and try to get the best deals for everything.

If you dont mind the wait, there are good deals to be had. New other is a good source of bits on ebay. always people buy things as an impulse then sell it off when they find they dont actually need it. Other than that sales on Merlin cycles, alpkit outlet or even tredz can save you a lot of money.

I also bought one of their carbon mega frames and built up a hell of a good bike. Fox factory, hope pro5, tech4V4/vented,GX full groupo for about £2k using the above sales, new other etc.  Everything I got is new, so maybe no frame warranty, but still an amazing build for the price of a mid range hardtail

Just keep your eyes open and spend a bit of time paroozing ebay and the bigger bike bit sellers and the deals will pop up. ‘Newly listed’ ‘new other’ on ebay can provide some immense bargains.

As to frame spares. Because most of them were bought at serious reduction from crc, people(being people) list at top prices, but those will come down and in a couple of years you will be able to get spare stays etc pretty cheaply.

DickBarton

Hopefully you bought it intending to build it and not to try to sell on for a profit. If so, why ask? Just build it and ride it.

b33k34

As to frame spares. Because most of them were bought at serious reduction from crc, people(being people) list at top prices, but those will come down and in a couple of years you will be able to get spare stays etc pretty cheaply.

You paid £700 for the frame (presumably with the shock).  You basically got the frame for free.  MOST frames never need a replacement part over their lifetime other than bearings and those are standard parts. It’s a UDH mech hanger.

If something breaks in a few years and you can’t find either a NOS spare somewhere or another broken bike to salvage from then you buy a new frame and transfer the parts (you won’t have lost anything).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.