• This topic has 28 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by bigG.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Curry tonight
  • Pigface
    Free Member

A bit excited to be having a curry tonight and a bit of trepidation as never been to this curry emporium before.

Is it wrong to have a bowl of chips on the table? Saw this last time I was having a curry in Swansea and thought “that looks like a good idea”

dmorts

Having chips with curry in restaurant in my view is very wrong, but take away chips and curry sauce is very right…

patriotpro
    Free Member

We have curry with chips at home alot, never done it at a restaurant though.

In answer to your question is it wrong…Is it bloody hell!

PS – Curry with new potatoes or roasties is amazing.

z1ppy

I doubt the curry house will complain, after all your paying for it ain’t you.
    Much prefer some nice pilau rice rice with a good indian curry (or half and half with a canteen curry), but chinese (takeaway) curry should always be served with chips, it the LAW!

timidwheeler

No. Of course you can’t have chips on the table at an Indian restaurant. It’s not Wetherspoon’s! Good lord, do you dip your poppadoms in ketchup?

PMK2060

Curry and a naan is all you need. No chips and no rice.

Cougar

Not seeing how chopped potatoes with curry is such an abomination. What do you think bombay aloo is?

Cougar

Good lord, do you dip your poppadoms in ketchup?

Ooh, you might be on to something there.

Cougar

In seriousness,

Who gives a toss what anyone else thinks. If you fancy a few chips with your meal, order some, enjoy them. If it was such a crime against gastronomy they wouldn’t sell them in the first place.

British curry house menus are largely fabricated for the British market anyway. Chips with your meal is no less authentic than chicken tikka masala, you wouldn’t see either East of Europe.

z1ppy

wot he said +1

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Bowl of chips on the table for dipping? Would sound ok to me apart from chips in curry houses are, IME, always horrible, part cooked frozen crap.

patriotpro
    Free Member

rom chips in curry houses are, IME, always horrible, part cooked frozen crap.

This must be why i’ve never done it then, we tend to eat proper chips at home.

Agree the ones served in curry houses are frozen and therefore not fit to be eaten with curry.

Cougar

The ones in my local curry emporium are proper thick-cut home made chips. Perhaps you need to change curryorium?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Curry, a load of chapatis and a bowl of chips! Yummage. I’d have to go for skinny French Fries though. 😳

sbob
    Free Member

PMK2060 – Member

Curry and a naan is all you need. No chips and no rice.

Curry with rice or bread, not both.
    All eaten with the right hand, if you’re going to try and keep it authentic.

Cougar

If I ate it with my right hand I’d end up looking like Dave Lister’s favourite shirt.

mogrim

All eaten with the right hand, if you’re going to try and keep it authentic.

Thanks, but I’m left handed. I guess the idea is to use your dominant hand, right?

Never considered chips n curry before, sounds pretty good… Tandoori chicken would be ideal, I reckon.

mattbee

Right hand for putting it in, left hand for wiping it off your bum.

patriotpro
    Free Member

You’re supposed to eat it not sit on it man.

mattbee

The left hand bit happens several hours later…

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member

You’re supposed to eat it not sit on it man.

Yeah I prefer to eat it rather than put it in my bum. I guess I’m old fashioned.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What do you think bombay aloo is?

Err, not chips?

patriotpro
    Free Member

The left hand bit happens several hours later…

So you don’t wipe it off straight away…urgh

mattbee

Doesn’t normally come out straight away.

On a slightly more on topic note I remember having banana naan when I lived in Smethwick but the curry houses down here in Pompey won’t do it. Such a shame, was like having pudding with your main…

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I’m lucky, because in our house we have toilet paper.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m eating out an Italian tonight

EDIT. I’m eating-out: an Italian tonight

bigG
    Free Member

Off to Akbars in Leeds tonight for a curry, might well opt for a plate of chips along with the other hugely delicious offerings. Is it wrong to arrange a business meeting in Leeds just so you can go for a curry?

hammyuk
    Free Member

bigG – Member
    Is it wrong to arrange a business meeting in Leeds just so you can go for a curry?

Only if you AREN’T paying…..

bigG
    Free Member

I didn’t pay, and the curry was awesome, as was the beer, all of it.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Curry tonight’ is closed to new replies.