Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Current best flavour of anti-midge?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The other day it completely fended off some very aggressive horseflies in my garden that were trying to devour me before I put it in.

in? maybe I’ve been applying it incorrectly? 😉

Horseflies!
    Aaarghhh. I was riding in Tuscany in 2018 and the **** were biting through my jersey.

Aye. they’ll bite through denim, no probs.

joshvegas
    Free Member

A Kleg got me on the kneecap the other day had a little ttrickle of blood and everything. Smashed on some hand gel (thanks covid) and its came to nothing more than a wee itchy bite. Dunno if I was just lucky or if dousing in alcohol helps but, I got off very lightly.

Jordan

Just got back from Skye, breeze kept em down all week until final night when the sods were out by the billion! Couldn’t leave the van door open to admire the view that night. Smidge works for me but OH got a nasty cleg bite.

GolfChick
    Free Member

All these midge threads are really putting me off going to Scotland next week in the van like we’d planned. Is it really as bad as suggested?!

euain

Just don’t visit after mid-June and you _should_ be OK… oh..

It’ll not spoil a holiday if your active and moving but it can very quickly end an evening sitting out looking at the sunset. Been there: sky starts to turn orange, sun sinking.. breeze drops, clouds of the wee fkrs and 30s later, you’re hiding in the tent. (Gairloch in this instance).

scotroutes
    hainman
    Free Member

I’ve used Deet and the green bottle that smells like a Thai curry(lemongrass)
    But best ever stuff I’ve used was Deet I was given from a mate who works in naval base
    It was proper crazy stuff
    Midges hadn’t even touched the skin and they were dead instant
    But when doing Ben Lomond at midnight for the summer solstice it was a godsend
    Rally struggling to find anything that comes close to this stuff

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Current best flavour of anti-midge?’ is closed to new replies.