Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Curious…. What's your internet connection like at home?
  • cheers_drive

55 down 3.1 up, pay for 50 on wifi with Virgin

P20

Forgot to add my phone on EE can hit 95down, 24 up!

allan23
    Free Member

Round about 45Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.

Gone from 50+ dl in Harrogate to 2, 10mins from Leeds city centre

Used to get real difficulties with City Centre when I worked for a Telco. Openreach used to get a bit of bad press, but a lot of the time the Councils wouldn’t give Openreach permission to lay the fibre. Most of the commercial bit of inner Leeds was appalling for broadband.

Even worse somewhere like York where there’s history and stuff under the pavements.

Used to be a company called Metronet (I think) did microwave based connections for a decent price in Leeds. If you were in a good signal area then it was really good.

kiwijohn

It’s not all bad in Australia.

djtom
    Free Member

Yes it is! Central Sydney, 2mbit down, 1mbit up. NBN is all good, but I think our apartment building seems to share 1 connection between 100 apartments.

kiwijohn

Glad I live in Hobart then. 4G is better than what you’re getting.

oafishb
    Free Member

I used to have the extraordinary situation of working in a Central London Office (just off Oxford Street), in a converted townhouse…..but no fibre. The best we had for YEARS (till 2014) was 2mb up and down via SDSL. But, we managed. There were at least 25 staff using it concurrently!
    You could not get fibre there. Maybe this has changed.

At home I get 175mb down on wifi (with kids currently streaming netflix) and 12 up…..Virgin.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Out of 76/20 max. Generally stable. Did drop the other week as PlusNet’s system decided to adjust it down due to earlier issues on the line. Raised a fault and it was sorted dead easy. Also like that if you post on their forums the support guys are on the case and link it up to the fault you raised. Helpful bunch.

4G on EE…

stewartc
    Free Member

Never usually see above 80 but fairly reliable.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Curious…. What's your internet connection like at home?’ is closed to new replies.