Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cube Stereo replacement bottom headset bearing can anyone help?!
  • devbrix
    Free Member

Hi
    Ive a 2010 Cube Stereo HPC LX 2010 with the stock integrated (and apparently non standard) FSA Orbit I-T-R headset. The bottom bearing cartridge needs replacing and Cube, FSA and Chain Reaction (where I go the bike) have all come up with nothing – infact just advise me to go to one another which is not helpful. FSA have been clueless even though they made it for Gods sake!
    The bearing is covered in a thick black adhesive paste so I cant read the part number despite trying to get it off. Its large at 50mm outer diameter. Can anyone help me with what the part number is or someone who might know?
    Cheers

dinotai
    Free Member

Hey mate, if its a standard looking square edged bearing try a site called simplybearings.co.uk there is a size search engine on there, I had the same problem with my freehub bearings on a Focus, seems to be the German stuff that cause the problems with parts. Sorry I cant be more help but its a start. Good luck, Rich.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

In what way is it none standard?
    I’ve no idea if this helps and not exactly sure of the year of mine (certainly new design), but if you end up having to fit a whole new headset, I fitted a Hope 1.5 reducer zero stack headset and it works fine. This should give you all the same geometry etc. It depends on the steerer tube size on your fork, of course.

Do you know if the fork steerer tube is 1.5 or 1 1/8? or tapered?. Anyway, whatever, I’m surprised that a headset bearing couldn’t be replaced, I though that they would be all pretty standard sizes within the design.

devbrix
    Free Member

Yeh, I was wondering in what way it wasn’t standard as well. Thats FSA for you. I’m going to remove it again tonight and measure it up and try simplybearings.co.uk first.
    Thanks for your replies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cube Stereo replacement bottom headset bearing can anyone help?!’ is closed to new replies.