Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cube stereo HPC gear cable stops???
  • sherry
    Free Member

Any help on this would be very appreciated! The part I am looking for is Where the gear cable comes out of the frame near the bottom bracket on the down tube. It would be two small pieces (probably plastic) where the outer cable and ferrule would slot into and act as gear cable stop against the frame. Sort of hard to explain without seeing it. I have been to cube dealer with no joy. Cheers.

Bolt

Something like this

Cannondale Cable Stop Inserts KF014

Bolt

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply. Yeah its the same idea but the ones I need are square ended to stop them pulling into the frame. A very small part that’s proving a bit annoying to find.

gavstorie
    Free Member

http://www.cubebikesnortheast.co.uk/

Speak to the guys here. Their technical knowledge of cubes is brilliant.

Cube on the other hand are shocking. They have no idea what good customer service is.

strawdog
    Free Member

your correct there are 2 separate plastic stoppers which are really badly designed – they don’t work if you plan on running a single ring with no front mech (which is what i did) i ended up making a backing plate for out of a thin piece of steel, the plate was kind of z shaped and sits into that little recess – if you’ve lost these stoppers – you could do the same as I did using bog standard cable stoppers and drill a small hole in a similar plate – the plate then acts as leverage against the frame.

breninbeener

You can also drill the frame where the cables enter the frame and run a full length outer.

the cable stops by the BB are known for being weak and you can sometimes be stranded in one gear if that happens.

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers, it looks like I may very well have to DIY something together. Defo could be designed a bit better! I will give the guys at cube bikes north east a bell. Thanks.

strawdog
    Free Member

I did think about drilling the frame and running a full outer but am pretty sure you’d invalidate the warranty / might also be a problem for re-selling the frame as well

plus if you drill the headtube – your still going to have the fairly big hole in the downtube which you would probably want to seal up to stop the shit getting in – if you go down the little plate route, you wont have the touch the frame in any way.

br
    Free Member

Couldn’t you just run a full outer instead and tie-wrap etc?

sherry
    Free Member

I would need to drill the frame to run a complete outer. And it would rattle in the frame as well. It does make sense to have cable stops going into the frame but just better designed ones!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cube stereo HPC gear cable stops???’ is closed to new replies.