Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cube Stereo. Any good ?
  • Raindog
    Free Member

Anyone who has one care to offer an opinion please ? Spec looks good, finish looks good, but before I travel for a test ride I’d like your opinions – good or bad.

cubemeup
    Free Member

they always have the best write-up
    i have the fritzz and i love it

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I have the stereo, love it long time. Superb bike, very confidence inspiring on steep and/or techy ground due to the very low BB, the trade off being more frequent pedal strikes, but you learn to time your strokes thru rocks etc. something I was used to doing anyway on my old Kona Dawg. Mine is built up from my own bits which include 160mm Fox 36, so none standard in that respect. You can’t fit a Blackspire stinger chain thing.

Big thumbs up from me.

steellam
    Free Member

I’v had one for a year and love it, the standard stem is a bit long for my taste – I swapped it for a 70mm and it felt better for me.

I was very surprised I found the huge Fat Alberts a bit sketchy in the wet, running them at low pressure helped but I ended up swapping them for high rollers.

The bottom bracket is quite low, it makes it feel well planted and like your sat more in the bike but pedal strikes can be a problem – I quickly adapted to it and now really like it.

They are a large frame so your doing the right thing getting a test.

The other thing is I got an end of year deal on a carbon frame, I have read the ally ones are quite heavy.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I weighed my alloy frame in at 3384gms (7.46lbs), the whole bike weighs 13.7kilos (30.25lbs), that’s with heavy fox36 forks, High Rollers and a solid back wheel. Other bits on the bike are quite lightweight.

wingnut31
    Free Member

Got a Stereo pro 2011 about 2 weeks ago, only had one proper ride on it so far but am very pleased with it.

Had a Scott Ransom but wanted something a bit lighter for longer rides, it certainly feels a lot lighter when riding it, and the suspension has hardly any bob at all on climbs when pedalling, even without the pro pedal on. Pointing it downhill and again it seems really planted, bottom bracket is low which makes you feel like you are in and not on the bike. Was waiting for a load of pedal strikes but didn’t have any, but as I say have only had one proper ride so far.

The finish is very good, and as you say the spec for the money is fantastic, the only thing I have done is put a shorter stem on and a higher rise bar, the stem in my eye’s is a to long as standard. Also got one of the mudboard guards for the rear shock which keeps a lot of cack off.

So at the moment after about five rides, I am very happy….

If you have any other questions please ask…

Jamesy
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for 6 weeks , lots of.local rides , clent hills etc and the.monkey trail. plus glentress and Inners.last week. enjoying it so far. took me a while to get the rear suspension pressure correct and need to change stem length as the 90mm is way to long but so good so far, has any one had there shock pushed for one of these bikes? I think that would make the suspension even better

Jamesy
    Free Member

bump

ljs1977
    Free Member

I have a 2011 stereo team and it is bloody brilliant.

The slacker angles than my last bike (rockhopper) inspires me. i now jump, do drop offs and hit the trail much much faster. I also have used this on 30+ xc rides by turning on the propedal and dropping the Rev’s to 120. It is a machine!!!

Out of interest what stem have the above swapped to?

Cheers

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I fitted a 75mm stem, mine was own built tho, so no idea what the factory supplied size is/was. It seems good at that length, but haven’t played with stem lengths.

Jamesy
    Free Member

70mm hope 0deg rise. for me the bikes come alive since moving from 90mm. got a knocking noise coming from the front end and not sure what’s causing it , maxles tight, headsets tight, tested for play in forks finger between station and fork brace no movement, arrrrrgggghhh lol , otherwise brilliant bike

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I had a 2011 stereo race and regrettably sold it due to a) not spending enough time to get the right size and b) falling for the 29er bollocks and buying a Rumblefish 2 which I’ve since sold too.

The spec of them is unrivalled and they are very well made, wherever you buy yours from get them to throw in the carbon shock protector as it makes a difference.

When I sold my rumble fish I was going to buy another but Cube have sold out of a lot of their 2011 bike now, wherever you’re buying it from make sure you get a good discount as the 2012 models are due any day now. Incidentally I bought a Lappiere 515 which is a great bike but isn’t spec’d as well as the Cube.

I also have a Cube Peleton road bike which is also excellent VFM.

4ndyB
    Free Member

It’s only the low/mid range 2012 Cube bikes that are coming out very soon the Aim, Analog, Attention, Acid & some of the LTD range. The higher end stuff won’t be out for some time.

We had a couple of 2012 Acid’s, Aims and Attentions, all sold within 48 hours!

If the Stereo rides as well as my Sting does it will be a superb bike

They are such good value for the money even at full RRP

dekadanse
    Free Member

Great bikes – real do-it-all stuff.
    Agree about them being built tall, though. Only just fits me at 6′ and 32.5″ inside leg……….which is why I’m selling mine (2008 size L, good kit, 28lb, all for £700 anyone ???)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cube Stereo. Any good ?’ is closed to new replies.