Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cube Nutrail in 26×4.8 and 29×2.35, yum or not yum?
  • gaidong
    Free Member

Ello,
    CRC finally managed to get my custom rear wheel to me without too much damage (link). I got the Cube Nutrail Pro this June. No, not much snow but I’ve bought it for a work application with lots of sand. 2016 Nutrails come with Schwalbe Jumbo Jim 4.4s in Liteskin but I’m worried about my sidewalls so just finished fitting some JJ 4.8s in Snakeskin.

Please excuse the lack of a cassette, it’s on the other wheelset (see below). Rear clearance seems ok for sandy conditions but mud, not so sure.

My main bike is a Bird Aeris Mk 1 but for local duties I was really missing my 29er hardtail, sooooooo

Them babies are Hope Pro 4 Fatsno on WTB KOM i25 29er rims, laced with DT Comp. The Nobby Nics are for winter but I fancy trying some Thunder Burts next summer.* Please note, I haven’t even tried the 29er version yet (need to borrow a cassette tool with deeper splines for final tensioning) but I’ve had a right laugh on the trails in 4.4″ fat mode.

Rear clearance in 29er set up.

Bluto clearance with me 29er.

Other mods include one of the new Brand X droppers (big thumbs up), ESI chunky grips (green, of course), and SRAM Level TL brakes (liking).
    Necessary? No. Worth it? Ya.

roverpig

How is the clearance on the Bluto with the 4.8″ JJs ?

gaidong
    Free Member

Hi Roverpig, it’s fine except for the mudguard, the new tyre whiskery bits are just touching.

roverpig

Thanks. Sounds as though it should (just) be OK when those bits fall off then 🙂

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

The question is what do you plan to do with those 4.4 Jumbo Jims?

scotroutes

Fat tyres have a habit of growing. Check again when they’ve been at pressure for a couple of days 🙂

gaidong
    Free Member

I’m taking the bike to work in Myanmar. I’ll take one 4.4″ with me as a spare in case I get ripped.

My god, it’s going to grow!!!

thelinkedinman
    Free Member

I’m liking it and the mega mud clearance in 29er mode is cool too.

I’m just debating going the whole hog, solo bike fat bike either one of these or a Trek Farley 9.6 so for me it’s a yum.

🙂

James

gaidong
    Free Member

Thanks James! I finally get to ride it on Saturday, zooooom.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cube Nutrail in 26×4.8 and 29×2.35, yum or not yum?’ is closed to new replies.