Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Crypto King gets 25 years in. 💵
  • Poopscoop

Ouch. His non apologetic stance didn’t go down well with the judge it seems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-68656415

Ro5ey
    Free Member

It’s an interesting story on many levels, will make a good movie.

Poopscoop

Ro5ey
    Free Member
    It’s an interesting story on many levels, will make a good movie.

Yep, I bet someone is already pitching a screen play.

(Sorry for the bit of politics but I’m also starting to think that people with mad hair probably shouldn’t be trusted with political power or people’s money!)

pk13

I can’t work out if they where just stupid or lex Luther like genius tbh.

He won’t do well in the big house he should have begged for forgiveness

Poopscoop

He won’t do well in the big house he should have begged for forgiveness

It’s telling isn’t it? He knew he was likely to do more time by showing little contrition. Most people would be bending over backwards, doing and saying anything, to do less time but him?… I can only speculate why but I doubt it’s a motivation most normal people can understand.

finbar
    Free Member

His name is a gift to the tabloid press. Scam Bankman is going to get Fried etc.

I think his lack of contrition is a demonstration of pretty extreme autism. Having read some (really interesting) biographical stuff about him, he is evidently super-high functioning but seems to be totally incapable of normal human interaction.

pk13
    Poopscoop

pk13
    @poopscoops

https://bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-68683688

Yeah, he makes trump seem fairly level headed with some of his ideas!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Aye, 25 years. He’ll probably be out in less.

Wonder how long he’d have got for killing someone?

johnnystorm

Madoff got 150 years. Probably a harsher punishment for stealing the right sort of people’s money.

argee

All the brains, but no common sense, why do so many get so greedy and have no get out plan, you had Elizabeth Holmes being front and centre with a complete fake product that would be found out in time, this guy as well, hundreds of millions of liquid assets, you could syphon it off slowly, move to somewhere without extradition and live a happy life, christ with the kind of money flowing, he could have faked his own death with a bit of planning and ended up somewhere quiet, but no, front and centre as all of them do, and now inside for 25 years, maybe 15 with good behaviour, but prison won’t be kind to guys like this.

mashr

There was a really good Freakonomics Radio podcast from a bit of a different angle recently. Worth a listen, it’s called “Why is are people so mad at Michael Lewis?”

mashr

but prison won’t be kind to guys like this.

I doubt he’ll be doing anything that could be described as “hard time”

Poopscoop

I doubt he’ll be doing anything that could be described as “hard time”

True but let’s face it, it’s still going to be a prison with most of the liberties we all take for granted, gone.

In addition, it’s a guy that had the wealth to do pretty much anything he wanted or desired and that won’t help.

soundninjauk

Irritatingly I can’t find the exact source (but ironically I’m sure it was on Molly White’s Citation Needed site), but I got the impression that the NY jail that SBF was hanging out in was very much not what we think of as a ‘white collar prison’. No idea where he’ll end up now though.

nickc

I can’t be bothered to find the Nelson Munz picture, but y’know, Ha Ha

hatter

If he’d been born poor and had stolen that much money at gunpoint there’d be zero suprise at the sentence.

Good to see a wealthy, white collar criminal find out they’re not above the.law.

Trump next please.

dartdude
    Free Member

Perhaps his fellow inmates will dredge out the crypto in the shower room.

Poopscoop

Jesus, I hope this court artist gets to draw Trump one day. He’s managed to make Fried look like some alien super villain.

Screenshot_20240328-193733

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.