Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Creaking Cranks
  • Baboonos
    Free Member

I have a set of Race Face Deus cranks. The cranks creak when under power. Could anyone advise how to stop this?

I have changed the bottom bracket, swapped pedals and it happens on all 3 chain rings so I am confident that it is a crank issue not some other component.

Help would be gratefully appreciated.

steezysix
    Free Member

Did you put grease on the bb spindle and the pedal threads before you put them together?

ruscle
    Free Member

Check the chainring bolts and grease. Also check your seatpost and grease.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

If you have an integrated headset, check the bearings aren’t shifting in the frame slightly and grease or studlock. I wrongly went through 3 combinations of cranks and bb’s before I solved the creak.

21dwb
    Free Member

I had this with my race face respond cranks, it was driving me mad. Swapped out bb and tried different pedals but still there. I then gave the left crank arm a yank and heard the same noise.

Once I’d taken it off it was obvious that it was the spindle. Applied grease and since then the problem has gone away.

rossi46
    Free Member

Also, as no one else has pointed out yet- check for cracks. Everywhere.
    Frame, cranks, seatpost etc.

Creaks are amplified by the frame and can sound like they are coming from somewhere else!

Also check your crank bolts are tight. Grease them nicely.

😉

Baboonos
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice. I will get greasing!

djc1245
    Free Member

Seatpost, saddle rails and make sure back wheel qr is tight(if you have qr that is)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Creaking Cranks’ is closed to new replies.