Crank Brothers – Yes or No?

Home Forum Bike Forum Crank Brothers – Yes or No?

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Crank Brothers – Yes or No?
  • Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

Joplin 4 lasted about 6 rides, but 2pure fixed it quickly. I have a reverb now.

Their tools are very nice though.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Not the only ones…

Premier Icon ratherbeintobago
    Subscriber

Found CB pedals to have ‘soft’ clip in action which I didn’t like; therefore didn’t have them long enough to explode.

I assume seatposts/stems can’t go wrong, can they?

dirk_pumpa – Member
    You just have to crack em open once in a while.. Abuse them and eventually they’ll fail.

By comparison, over ten years ago, I gave a pair of used Times to a friend. I had never serviced them, he has never serviced them. The other day, I borrowed the bike they were on. They were running as smooth as could be. A tiny little rattle from one of the ‘loops’ that the cleat sits under on one side of the left pedal, but otherwise, perfect.

I know which I’d be buying….

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Glad it’s not just me that has had the pedal come clean off the axle.

Looks like it is a pretty common problem, surely they must know about it? Can’t be that hard to solve surely, maybe add a big **** off lock nut to the next versions? Ideally some bearings that last more than six months would be good too.

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

I’ve had two Joplin 3 dropper posts, CB ISIS BB and Cobalt headset…Joplins have been back under warranty 3 times each, ISIS BB died rapidly and was replaced under warranty, headset I bought ‘new’ off here and was a warranty replacement of a failed. Even the CB pump I have doesn’t work very well (Pressure gauge is a joke for a start).

…but then there is 2Pure who I’ve had fantastic service from, best warranty experience of any firm I’ve had to deal with

Premier Icon ratherbeintobago
    Subscriber

Being fair, their stuff does look lovely, like these:

Rumour was that the stainless outer part of each crank arm was glued onto the inner, with predictable lifespan results, and the external BB version never made it to market.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

2pure are an absolutely superb organisation to deal with, but there’s no amount of backup that can make it a good idea to buy bike parts made of cheese. They deserve better products tbh!

tanglewood

Thank you for all your post’s (so far)
    It was my first posting and very helpfull to me and you I hope.

p8ddy

I’m running a Crank Bros Sage headset. Been on the bike circa 2 years and still running great. It’s been a total fit and forget job.

Crank Bros also sent me out a spare crown race for free cos I wanted to experiment with fork setup on my bike.

From my point of view they’ve been utterly superb. Great product, great service. I like em.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Crank Brothers – Yes or No?’ is closed to new replies.