Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cracked my VT2 frame – tell me about Giant warranty…
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Cracked by the weld by the shock mount / seatpost 😥

I bought from new, so guess I should be able to get a warranty frame replacement. Is this correct and how do I do it – go to LBS where i bought it?

Thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How old would be the first question?

Giant are very good at honouring their warranty commitments, but it may well be that with the VT2 being an old frame it falls outside the warranty. Bummer if that’s the case, but well worth speaking to your LBS and/or Giant. Good luck.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

purchased new in 2005, so not that old.

had a bit of a ‘drama’ at CYB. Trashed a rear wheel & cracked the frame 🙁

Captured from my viewpoint (hitting dirt!) on video though 😀

Will post link once I’ve sorted video out

dobo
    Free Member

does warranty cover crashes?

zaskar
    Free Member

Don’t post the vid until You speak to Giant as they may be reading this…

SO he crashed and claiming warranty eh?

At least they could sell you a frame half price minimum like some other bike brands do.

I always liked the VT.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

warrantee is usually against manufacturing defects, but Giant may well do a crash replacement policy. Worth checking

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

depends on the crash surely? Frames souldn’t just crack when you have an off. But if he’s flat landed onto concreet fom a height, then maybe its his fault………….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve crashed many a time. I cleaned the bike thoroughly last week – no crack. hosed down after crash yesterday – cracked. Might have been in the crash, might not. can’t really prove it either way. Had a few rides between washing and crashing

bullandbladder
    Free Member

In my experience, Giant warranty is very good. I’ve had a couple of replacements over the last few years, both times very quickly and a newer model than the damaged one, all done through LBS (2 Wheels in Stourbridge for the benefit of those people on here who doubt said shop’s ability to deal with warranty issues – you know who you are). Great bikes, great service.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cracked my VT2 frame – tell me about Giant warranty…’ is closed to new replies.