Home Forums Bike Forum Courier for bike frame

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Courier for bike frame
  • mulv1976
    Free Member

Hi, I’ve just sold a bike frame on eBay and not sure which courier to use . Does anyone have any recommendations please?

TheGingerOne

Any of them as long as it is boxed and you either stomp up the cost of insurance to cover any issues, or you are willing to take a gamble.

Last time I used Parcel force 48h as they collect from the door which saves me a lot of hassle.

ads678

I always use Parcelforce for frames. Cheap, about a tenner for a frame box, even cheaper if you can drop at a depot and they’ve never let me down.

andrewh
    Free Member

I would definitely avoid Paisley Freight/Bike Delivery.

Parcel Force seem ok

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’d also avoid Paisley Freight. They’re cheap but the last two deliveries I’ve done with them have been a pain. One they charged extra to complete the delivery (despite the box being the right size), the other they damaged the bike then refused to pay out.

Parcel Force have always been fine.

a11y

I use Paisley Freight for bikes (and car wheels – never had an issue) but if it’s only a frame I use Parcelforce 48 fully insured as it’s possible to get a frame into a box small enough to go easily with them.

sharkattack

Don’t use Evri/Hermes. I posted a pair of wheels to London a couple of weeks ago. Tracked them all the way there with the app. No activity for a couple of days and then they arrived back at my house. No contact, explanation or refund from Evri.

Paid another £18 to use Parcel Force and they arrive the next day.

captaintomo
    Free Member

Sent a full bike with Fedex in April with £1000 insurance cover and it only came to something like £30. It was the most competitive price I could find. Website it super complicated though as you need to set up a shipping account. For something smaller like a frame then Parcelforce usually works out quite good value.

stevious

Another vote for parcel force from me

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

prices seem to have skyrocketed in recent months.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations. Parcelforce are good, but seems expensive (£51.20 for 48hrs collected). That’s for an 8kg 124x27x62cm frame box.

DHL are coming out at £27.89 and I’ve always had good service from them.

mulv1976
    Free Member

I actually went with FedEx for around £23 but my god I wish I hadn’t now.

The website is terrible. Can’t figure out how to pay even though the labels, pickup and shipment has all been created. No confirmation of how much will be taken from my card. I recommend steering clear and using a simpler website.

captaintomo
    Free Member

I actually went with FedEx for around £23 but my god I wish I hadn’t now.

I did say it was complicated lol. Don’t worry about the payment though. I wondered the same after I had created the shipment and scheduled a collection. Everything went smoothly and I got automatically debited like 2 weeks after. I’d use again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.